£30k 124 Cab M104.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thats expensive but where else you going to get a sportline 320 with 14K on the clock... in black...

It's been for sale for a little while. I think it's the one he's had before.

Only 14k miles, but an odd spec.....Sportline chassis, leather with heated seats, but no air con or electric seats. Not the usual speccing you see.

Darren

Looks just like one of mine, except it hasn't had a new trans, new exhaust, new steering ,new suspension, new leather, new hood, liner and inter layer, new water pump, wiring loom, coil packs, head gasket, half shafts, hubs, drive shaft, Oh Jesus I'd not like to be the owner of that with all that needing doing soon, best to buy a higher miler with all that stuff attended to - yes... even if I'm a little jealous.

With those options mission it is effectively a "Lightweight" option - someone knew what they were ordering... :):)

Last edited:
As soon as I saw the price I knew it had to be a Ferrous special. Sure enough, it is :doh::D

Special car with that mileage but not special enough. I'd want it fully spec'ed including a hard top for that money.

Well you can't always get what you want and in just a few short years you won't be getting them for that money - I think that's for sure.

Well you can't always get what you want and in just a few short years you won't be getting them for that money - I think that's for sure.

Not an issue as they are not my cup of tea. And, I don't think they are special enough to warrant even larger asking prices.

Last edited:
It is that they are a big convertible that makes them so unique, 6'6" is no problem, they have four seats and a chassis, engine & brakes virtually from the SL320. I think that is the main appeal.

The new S-Class Cabriolet will be the only other modern drop top Merc this big.

I'd pay 30 bags for it had all the 124 goods and was an E36 though at 14k.Amazes me what the bloody hell the owner was thinking when went through the option list. Pen ran out of ink or what?? Another thing CI takes the PIss.

Theres currently 3 e320 sportline cabs on the ironprice website.

The silver one is £20k and is only 64k miles, but it is just about every option imaginable. Still expensive, but much nicer car imho

I'd put a link up but their website seems to be designed to prevent anybody linking to it.

Presents no value if the plan is to use it and put some miles on it, as a sub 100K one that's in immaculate condition can be found for half that amount.

But if the plan is to do about a 200 miles a year in it and keep it garaged to continue its cosseted life, then in the long long term its one that may appreciate.... But equally in the long long term they will all appreciate to some varying degree as all classic cars do.

Theres currently 3 e320 sportline cabs on the ironprice website.

The silver one is £20k and is only 64k miles, but it is just about every option imaginable. Still expensive, but much nicer car imho

I'd put a link up but their website seems to be designed to prevent anybody linking to it.

www.charlesironside.co.uk/

That silver one is a dead ringer for mine....But not impressed with the incorrect AMG badge on the front Spoiler, the larger one is meant for the rear bootlid....

Maybe a sign of slightly dubious ownership along the way perhaps rather than the normal, 'mature, middle aged resident of Kensington' type that these high priced cabriolets usually have...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom