£30k W220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would have bought it if it was silver :)

Last edited:
Probably quite useful to drive one of those in London these days.

£30k is an interesting price.

Running 300BHP and it probably weighs 3 tons, you are going to be very friendly with petrol stations.

I think you’re paying for the armouring, the car is included free :)

"This bulletproof luxury sedan has all the creature comforts one grows accustomed to, while still providing excellent ballistic and blast protectionProtection against handguns and small arms such as .357, 44 magnum, 9 mm, uzi and ak47"

Perfect for London then?

Only 1 mot so it has lived outside the UK or has been SORN a long time.

The perfect drug dealer car.

Not only bullet proof but also a top money laundering scheme.

I would be worried about two things about this car:

1) Is it the known vehicle of the leader of a major crime syndicate (I wouldn't want to be a victim of mistaken identity)?

2) Has the passengers poo'd themselves before in the seats? o_O

"This bulletproof luxury sedan has all the creature comforts one grows accustomed to, while still providing excellent ballistic and blast protectionProtection against handguns and small arms such as .357, 44 magnum, 9 mm, uzi and ak47".

It may stop a round from an Uzi or a handgun but I'd be very surprised if the type of armour on a car like this would be effective against an AK47.

Not bling enough for modern drug dealers. It is RH drive so a bit conspicuous in Russia,Romania etc...Africa maybe? its age would allow it to blend in once covered in mud and dust.

Interesting to see if it sells for that price. How much do replacement tyres cost I wonder ?

It may stop a round from an Uzi or a handgun but I'd be very surprised if the type of armour on a car like this would be effective against an AK47.
I was thinking the same thing, but it appears that this type of bullet proof glass can stop a single 7.62x39 round, I'm not sure how many it could stop in a 30 round magazine and whether it will hold up after 18 years. In any case, i'm not sure that I need it for going to Sainsbury's in Chiswick. Anything stab proof and capable of running over mopeds would be cheaper and more practical.

It's probably an embassy car which is why it was not registered.

This car isn't far from me. It is an embassy car along with an identical W220 but a V12 S600. An Arab embassy was selling them off, I made an offer which was obviously too low.

Can't see there being a market for it, especially at that price but they certainly didn't sell for much when the embassy sold them off..!

AK-47 also have armour-piercing ammo... 7.62x39 bi-metal or steel core.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom