£330,000 Jensen Interceptor FF. Harrys garage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, it's good to see Charles Dunstone putting his billion pound net worth "to good use."
However, it's a brave soul who buys a hand built 1970's supercar and "gives it the berries."

Twenty-thirty years ago, Jensens were to be seen around the Clapham and Brixton, being driven by gentlemen who ran cash-based businesses: property and that kind of thing. (When they weren't parked up at the side of the road, waiting for the AA).

What's the next generation equivalent? The late nineties / early noughties supercar that's currently "on its uppers," waiting to be rediscovered? TVR Cerbera ? Ferrari 456, CL55, BMW 850i ? Has to be usable and currently in the hands of the "slightly louche."

2000_MercedesBenz_CL55AMG1.jpg

115e.jpg

When i was child one of my neighbours had a gold coloured Jensen Interceptor. His name was Freddy Shepherd of Newcastle United fame. As a child i was always imagined they would drive like the Interceptor in the video. :p

What's the next generation equivalent? The late nineties / early noughties supercar that's currently "on its uppers," waiting to be rediscovered? TVR Cerbera ? Ferrari 456, CL55, BMW 850i ? Has to be usable and currently in the hands of the "slightly louche."

115e.jpg
The Jaguar XK8 would be my pick. Absolutely worthless at the moment but a magnificent looking V8 coupe.

Last edited:
Well, it's good to see Charles Dunstone putting his billion pound net worth "to good use."
However, it's a brave soul who buys a hand built 1970's supercar and "gives it the berries."

Twenty-thirty years ago, Jensens were to be seen around the Clapham and Brixton, being driven by gentlemen who ran cash-based businesses: property and that kind of thing. (When they weren't parked up at the side of the road, waiting for the AA).

115e.jpg
I quite like the 850. My friend had a Cerbera and i have to say it was a pile of junk. Honestly i could have probably made a better job of the inside. Very poorly screwed together and the seats were just scary - i was slipping underneath the seatbelt when stationary, i would hate to think what would happen in an accident. I do like Nobles - they seem to be better quality. Or Ginettas.

Actually i think any Ferrari given time will grow in value. I remember when 308GT4's were relatively cheap. Mondials are still at the low end so could be a good buy? Mind you 20 years ago we had things like the Subaru Impreza WRX or Mitsubishi Evo. And you look at what Lancia Delta Integrales go for now...they have shot up.

I quite like the 850. My friend had a Cerbera and i have to say it was a pile of junk. Honestly i could have probably made a better job of the inside. Very poorly screwed together and the seats were just scary - i was slipping underneath the seatbelt when stationary, i would hate to think what would happen in an accident. I do like Nobles - they seem to be better quality. Or Ginettas.

Amen on both. Friends had both when new. An 850i that never went wrong while it did a lot of miles, and a drop dead gorgeous Cerbera that did a daily 100 commute but which always had something wrong with it, fortunately normally under manufacturer's warranty.

tvr-cerbera-coupe-petrol_21454490.jpg

Actually i think any Ferrari given time will grow in value. I remember when 308GT4's were relatively cheap. Mondials are still at the low end so could be a good buy? Mind you 20 years ago we had things like the Subaru Impreza WRX or Mitsubishi Evo. And you look at what Lancia Delta Integrales go for now...they have shot up.
Not even 20 years ago it was possible to pick up a 308gt4 for less than £10 large.

The boat has already sailed for the 8 series, now you'll struggle to find an 840 below 10k that isn't a project car and the V12s are silly money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom