£35 MOT at Greenoaks in Berkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

salesac1

Car
'00 W202 Classic Selection (or is it?)
Just seen an ad by Greenoaks (MB stealers) in local paper - they are offering MOT for £35 (saving £15.35) plus 25% contribution towards the price of any MOT-related work. Applies to the Ascot, Reading & Slough stealerships and is valid only for MB cars. The ad doesn't say if this is a limited-time offer or not.

Don't think this has already been posted here. I certainly wasn't aware of it before now, although I have tended to avoid using Greenoaks in recent years except for small parts, so it may not be a new offer.

Hope this info may be useful anyone in the area who has an MOT due shortly :) .

Good tip, thanks salesac1.

Also, not sure if you were aware or not, but the Tony Purslow group of dealerships (Basingstoke, Guildford, Hindhead) have been doing free MOTs for cars over a certain age for a while now, along with a substantial discount on parts and labour if your car is over 6 years old.

Worth bearing in mind if you want to keep your FMBSH.

No, I wasn't aware of the Tony Purslow offer, thanks. Having checked their website, this must be what they call Platinum Plus for cars over 72 months old:
http://rsi-cda.mercedes-benz.com/co...enger_cars/home/offers/our_offers/offer1.html

There is also Platinum Rewards for cars over 3 years old.

Both seem reasonable schemes - they don't mention joining or membership fees....although if not, and my car sails through the free MOT, what do Tony Purslow get out of it?

Greenoaks website on the other hand does not appear to mention the £35 MOT offer, instead it tries to sell me an MB iPod!

I can confirm that the MOTs are completely free at Tony Purslows, mind you I was an existing customer with them (because of the big labour and parts discounts) when they introduced this.

In the Platinum Plus scheme you get various other perks, I got a booklet of vouchers e.g. free aircon service, £20 extra off next service, discount on tyres, discount on accessories, free 'winter check', etc.

Didn't have to pay a penny for the above.

I've moved house this year and am about 1.5 miles from M-B Ascot ... but I still took the car over to Purslows in Guildford. So their scheme is working!

Purslows also offered to collect/deliver ... but I prefer to drive it there myself ;)

MB Ascot also do free MOT's. I had mine done by them recently, although normally it goes to Tony Purslows for all servicing (who also do free MOT's).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom