£350 to spray...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
...two new wings on my W210. Is this reasonable? I will fit and underseal the wings myself.

...including ferry and diesel? :p

£200 would sound about right though. this was a backstreet operation, which is why I asked!!

Might be worth shopping around, i just had a quote of £400.00 to cut out the rust on both rear wheel arches (one small patch on each side), fabricate and weld in new metal, prime and respray all the way up to the roof edge.

...including ferry and diesel? :p

£200 would sound about right though. this was a backstreet operation, which is why I asked!!

Painting new panels is a piece of pi55 so £350 seems a bit steep.

Agreed, all prep done by me, including bumper off. The paint isn't dear...trying to get the arm in. I was wearing a suit when I asked!

Might be worth shopping around, i just had a quote of £400.00 to cut out the rust on both rear wheel arches (one small patch on each side), fabricate and weld in new metal, prime and respray all the way up to the roof edge.

From whom may i ask?

If the job is to be done properly then £350 is a very fair price.

Mic

...two new wings on my W210. Is this reasonable? I will fit and underseal the wings myself.

In expensive Jersey, I am used to paying £150 a panel (wing/door) and more for bonnet. So depends on how good work is, then maybe I would expect to pay that for good quality.

Thats a tad to steep IMHO
I would expect to pay 100 euro per panel
Ive just gotten a qoute for my brother-in-laws passat to have the front bumper , bonnet and both wings painted its gonna come in a 250 to 300 euro , and the cars silver .

Thats a tad to steep IMHO
I would expect to pay 100 euro per panel
Ive just gotten a qoute for my brother-in-laws passat to have the front bumper , bonnet and both wings painted its gonna come in a 250 to 300 euro , and the cars silver .

LOL...I could drive down at that price.

If you want ill PM you the number of the painter I use .

The bodyshop that did mine would do it for £250.

And they do good work.

In the photo your car look like Onyx grey, are you sure you dont want to have the bonnet and doors blended in?

I would rather pay £350 once and have a proper job than £200 and have to have it done again in the not to distant future.

Best if you can to go on recomendaions on here if anyone is local to you.

Is it even worth trying yourself? or will that end in tears :)

CKLclive might be able to help.

Very reasonably priced and professional.

A few on here can recommend his work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom