£38 for wiper blades!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
for my W126 i asked the stealer for a set of wiper blades and they quoted £44 plus VAT EACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i bought a Valeo pair from ebay, theyre not great but will change them to bosch from ECP soon :)

Question... looking at pictures of A2038201945 on the Internet (as one does...), the box seem to say 'Set Eiper Blade - Unit 1'. Does this mean that the box contains a single blade, or a set of two blades?

203820194502.jpg

Original MB Blades A2038201945 ordered from Inchape. £28+delivery - total just shy of £33. Will report back...

BTW, I'm sure the Bosch A016S would have been fine as well, but the cost online was about the same as the MB blades.

My Audi A4 (B7) wiper blades for £60+VAT I was shocked.
I got some Valeo ones however the genuine ones had some small weights attached that made it stick to the windscreen better.

I went to ECP, halfords, and MB for mine, they all wanted more than £70.... got them off ebay for £40!!!!

Original MB Blades A2038201945 ordered from Inchape. £28+delivery - total just shy of £33. Will report back...

BTW, I'm sure the Bosch A016S would have been fine as well, but the cost online was about the same as the MB blades.

Got an email from them today:

'...part number A2038201945 has changed to A2038202645.'

Oh well. Let's see what I'll get.

Goods arrived today.

1. Two blades in the box, so a full set :thumb:

2. Marked as driver's side and passenger's side, though I could not see any difference... :(

3. Made by Valeo (of the radiator fame :doh:)

4. Seem absolutely identical to the factory-fitted ones which came off the car after 6 years, except that at some point during all these part number changes, a wear indicator has been added - each wiper has a small round black dot on the end bit, when it becomes bright yellow it's time to change...

I am happy with the quality of MB/Valeo wipers, given that the original ones lasted as long as they did. And, at £28 (+delivery), they cost roughly the same as other branded non-MB wipers, so it was a no-brainer for me.

On another note, though the old ones were still cleaning well, I did notice that they new ones are much quieter... and I guess that their longevity is why MB added the wear indicator - owners were not changing them....

Last edited:
My enquiries seem to suggest that the original MB wiper for my facelift (2003-2007) W203 is in fact Valeo Visioflex SWF 119353, however Valeo also sell the alternative Valeo Silencio 900-22-6B. Not sure what is the difference between their Visioflex line and Silencio line though...

Just ordered a pair of Bosch AeroTwin from Amazon for £28 + free shipping. That's for my other car (not MB).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom