£450 for A service for C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Prices are interesting, but if the car is 4 years old it should be a B Service on the basis that A and B alternate every 12 months. Have you run the car through MB ESS? The ATf is due at 3 years or 30k miles, but at four years there are extras so the price you have to check is service plus extras. Some good discounting on MB My Service site too, check out my other threads. I just had my service which was a B3 according to the car and correlated to MB ESS.
Kamal

The car was 1st reg in Oct 2008 and is indicating an AO service is due with 21K miles.

yes !

if there are warranty issues and or updates to software...

So same as any other model then.

The £60 a month was for 3 services.

Over what period? I note your car is pretty low mileage so presumeably that's 3 services over 3 years, in which case £2160 seems insane.

Over what period? I note your car is pretty low mileage so presumeably that's 3 services over 3 years, in which case £2160 seems insane.

24 months. £60 per month but that was to include the service it is currently having (so 3 in total) BUT he (service manager) got his facts wrong and it only applied to new cars.

dont think so Rory

the gearbox is a little different on the c63 im advised by mercedes think thats why they had to phone and email germany to fix it

dont think so Rory

the gearbox is a little different on the c63 im advised by mercedes think thats why they had to phone and email germany to fix it

OK, but my point is that gearbox issues are not unique to the C63. MB have had a lot of software issues with 7 speed auto gearboxes since they were introduced.

24 months. £60 per month but that was to include the service it is currently having (so 3 in total) BUT he (service manager) got his facts wrong and it only applied to new cars.

Fair enough. I still think it's far too expensive, but then your service price was way OTT. Look at the prices mika paid (also from an MB dealer).

I didn't realise new and used cars had different ServicePlus prices so I just looked and they do - I'm sure that's a recent thing.

Last edited:
The car was 1st reg in Oct 2008 and is indicating an AO service is due with 21K miles.

I would still run this through the ESS tool online as from a tome point of voew it sounds wrong and the C63 is on FIS. BTW not doubting what you are seeing on the dash.
Kamal

For those of you who are interested here is a breakdown of my service costs.

Service A with plus package performed .........................77.00
Extra work for: Service, replace air filter element.............28.00
Change auto trans fluid...............................................77.00
Filter element..............................................................8.50
Screenwash................................................................2.80
Ring, General, ME........................................................0.96
Filter element.............................................................13.50
Gear oil x 9 ...............................................................76.50
Screw x 6 .................................................................. 3.24
Gasket........................................................................6.50
Oil filter......................................................................13.50
Seal ring......................................................................0.96

Parts .......................................................................£126.46
Labour ....................................................................£182.00

Net...........................................................................308.46
VAT............................................................................61.69

Total.........................................................................370.15

For an oil / filter change, spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter and a "40 point check" on an E220 W124 my main dealer just quoted me a mere.........£525 !!!!

I'm thinking that I may not go there.

For an oil / filter change, spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter and a "40 point check" on an E220 W124 my main dealer just quoted me a mere.........£525 !!!!

I'm thinking that I may not go there.

The 40 point check you refer to could be a visual health check which mine had. This should be free. Although I have no doubt it is built into the service cost.

the service packages for 2 or 3 years work out well

you pay one lump sum or monthly and have the agreed number of services over that time for that fixed price

Total.........................................................................370.15

Bearing in mind there's no doubt an "AMG" uplift, I don't think that's too bad for the work you had done. How many litres of oil does the car take - I guess that would add a good £100+?

I think that price makes the service plan price look a bit iffy - £1440 to cover 3 services looks a good couple of hundred too high.

Last edited:
Bearing in mind there's no doubt an "AMG" uplift, I don't think that's too bad for the work you had done. How many litres of oil does the car take - I guess that would add a good £100+?

Doesn't that price make the service plan price look a bit

8 litres of oil - I think.

He threw the oil in for free cause he cocked up quoting me for the service plan.

Last edited:
Just negotiated for my W212 E63 'B' service with brake fluid change included £403 if I supply oil or £465 without. So £450 for an 'A' service seems high to me. My car is getting serviced tomorrow.

T.:cool:

Last edited:
8 litres of oil - I think.

He threw the oil in for free cause he cocked up quoting me for the service plan.

In that case you got a very good deal on the service, and, like I said, I can't see that the service plan, even at the cocked up price, would have saved you money.

So £450 for an 'A' service seems high to me.

It's not obvious from the way the OP has written it but that price includes changing the auto-transmission fluid, which is a £250ish job, and the air filter which isn't part of the basic A service. It didn't include the cost of the engine oil though, but he got that free.

i think its approx 6.5 litres of oil as i always get a little back

i think its approx 6.5 litres of oil as i always get a little back

C63 = 8.5 Litres according to MB ESS Tool, you probably give them 10L and they give you 1.5 back.
Kamal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom