£45k on one MB or Three

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
Trying to work out what cars are needed in our family only one answers itself - the Outlander plug in hybrid as a company car for the missus - no brainer. She rarely does more than 30 miles a day, will save a fortune over the Murano

Now for myself, well I want a convertible and it will probably be an SL sadly not a 60 but circa £15k, then I thought I need a daily driver to commute in. The sensible option for my 5.5 mile each way commute is a Nissan Leaf company car but life isn't that sensible, my Infinity cost £32k at a year old so I figured a budget of £45k.

£15k off for the SL leaves £30k, a nice 2007 S500L can be had for £15k, that will do - ? Pretty reliable, under 70k miles nice spec - daily driver sorted and the fleet is 2 cars strong - both 5.0 V8

Still got £15k left, I have my cruiser, my wafter now what about a ML, this is the hardest one, the 2007 facelift is essential however it's hard to hit budget for a V8, V6 no problem so some effort here is required. Admittedly the ML would be for bad slippy conditions and it has to be questioned over the necessity and maybe a rejig of the budget to allow more for the S and SL and get a cheaper ML but I like the evenness of three body shapes with more or less the same engine and in the same colour maybe?

Running three V8s through our Aviva multi car making some assumptions gets to £700 a year for all three

What a great way to spend £45k !!!

(Fully aware running costs sans fuel will be high but compared to buying a new £45k car I bet it's cheaper considering depreciation)

Sounds like fun choices over new, and I'd agree on depreciation too.

Just get one G-Class,you can easily blow your whole budget on one and it will depreciate less than the others :)

£15k will dip you into a gl420 cdi if you wait for the right one.

How about reducing it to two and buying the ML63 for sale on here and a nice SL60 AMG?

As I have sod all to do today I have refined it and ditched the ML - I can now get a very acceptable low mile S63 Mercedes-Benz S Class S63 4dr Auto 6.2

and a SL60 (may need to add a couple of quid) - kids will fit I the S but if it snows we are goosed :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom