£49.99... 235 Piece Dynamic Tool Chest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
While this may seem an attractive package at the price , it is only good value as long as you are not under any illusions that they are anything other than 'economy' grade tools - fine for occasional use , but if you intend to use them a lot they will probably wear out or break . The fit of spanners and sockets in a lot of these cheaper kits tend not to be as precise as with quality tools and can lead to rounding off bolt heads etc .

On the other hand - Halfords Professional or Advanced series of tools are of quite decent quality - and come with a lifetime replacement warranty if they ever break ( you must keep the receipt ) , without quite getting into the Snap-On price bracket .

I think 215 of those tools would probably never be used.

While this may seem an attractive package at the price , it is only good value as long as you are not under any illusions that they are anything other than 'economy' grade tools - fine for occasional use , but if you intend to use them a lot they will probably wear out or break . The fit of spanners and sockets in a lot of these cheaper kits tend not to be as precise as with quality tools and can lead to rounding off bolt heads etc .

On the other hand - Halfords Professional or Advanced series of tools are of quite decent quality - and come with a lifetime replacement warranty if they ever break ( you must keep the receipt ) , without quite getting into the Snap-On price bracket .

Yup, keep the likes of this for putting shelves up in the house etc. Halfords professional tools are superb, better than Snap-on etc in most cases. Well worth the extra. A small box, 1/2 and 3/8 socket set, some screwdrivers and spanners will do 90% of what you need for less than £200,will be a pleasure to use,and will last a lifetime.

Bit cheeky including 102 screwdriver bits in the tool count, 36 of the sockets/spanners are imperial and so for many are now worse than useless.Still for under £50 will make somebody happy

I can see the difference in quality first hand as I keep a few cheap tools in the boot of the car for roadside emergencies ( I have 1/4" and 1/2" socket sets , each of which cost about £15 and a set of spanners which were probably less ) the reasoning being they'll hardly be needed and cheap enough not to worry about if the car ever got stolen or broken into - but still useful enough to deal with anything that might go wrong at the roadside .

At home I have a cabinet full of Halfords professional tools , which I still add to as and when a specific job requires a new tool , and these are the ones I actually use regularly for working on my cars .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom