£4k to spend what would you buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
OK seeking the panels advice again BIL is buying a second car, their main car is BMW 123d but they need something a bit bigger sometimes for outings with 2 grandkids and would also be used for his commute to work (10 miles) so total mileage around 10k - 12k per year he's thinking saloon with decent interior space and decent boot and also thinking petrol as opposed to their existing diesel

So what would you buy ?????

Audi A8 2.8. I had one a while back and it was a perfect daily with all the toys you'd need. Lots of space and it drove really well. Fuel economy was great too. You'd get one for well within the budget.

Skoda Superb? Very good car and bags of room..

Cheers,

Gaz

Sub 4K and petrol: I find myself homing in on the following:

1. BMW E46 6 cylinder saloon, manual or auto - smooth, refined, responsive, fun to 'drive' when you want, sedate when you don't and not ruinous on fuel.
2. Audi A4 B6 1.8T or v6, manual or auto - not as good dynamically as 1 but competent, well built but avoid low spec vehicles.
3. W203 C200K in avantgarde spec, manual or auto - not as raw as 1, perhaps not asvisually sharp as 2 but a well put together package as long as you don't go for one from the 'quality fail era'(2000 to 2003).

Or.............having watched Dieselman's clip, how about an early Jaguar Xk8 with some tasteful mods!!!:fail

Crystal meth. Lots of it ....

Would you not just go for best value. Best resale. Cheapest to run???

As they aren't really bothered and it's a means of getting from a to b?!?!?!

Would you not just go for best value. Best resale. Cheapest to run???

As they aren't really bothered and it's a means of getting from a to b?!?!?!

Not really resale at this money is irrelevant and mpg not an issue either due to limited mileage. He is very bothered as its a second car and will mainly be run by him so a chance to nab something decent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom