£5k investment for the future.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you look a a SAAB ragtop make sure the bulkhead isn't split or cracked, it's an all too common problem on these otherwise lovely cars.

Some great suggestions on this post, i think if you can buy a car for less than £5k, enjoy it and at least get your money back on resale then you are in front. The current cars i have chosen are Range Rover Vogue 4.2 Supercharged, r53 mini cooper s convertible, clk430 convertible and bmw e39 530d sport touring. I never get time to use any of them but i think my money is better in them than in the bank with the current interest rates!

MK1 GOLF GTI Cabriolet (if you can find an original one)

Some great suggestions on this post, i think if you can buy a car for less than £5k, enjoy it and at least get your money back on resale then you are in front. The current cars i have chosen are Range Rover Vogue 4.2 Supercharged, r53 mini cooper s convertible, clk430 convertible and bmw e39 530d sport touring. I never get time to use any of them but i think my money is better in them than in the bank with the current interest rates!
Good selection there.

Just bought this a little higher than the 5k but with only 147 5 door version I think its a safe bet 20210320 133633 — Postimages]
20210320-133633.jpg
[/url]😁

Or here’s another oldie that seems cheap, often around £5k, but will get more rare and prices should surely rise. Also these cost peanuts to own and run, and easy to do your own work on if you like.
View attachment 109442

That brings back memories. I passed my test in my Mother’s 1967 E plate Trafalgar Blue Morris Minor 4 door. I wish I owned that car now.
I wonder if Rover 75s will become future classics.

They already are recognised classics. I owned 3 different Connoisseurs since 2002 up to 2019.
One of the finest cars I’ve ever driven.

In answer to the OP I reckon my current classic, 1974 Vanden Plas Princess 1300 automatic with just 34k on the clock will be a fine investment. It cost me less than £200 way back in the early 80’s. It’s been sitting in my garage part restored (almost completed) for the last 30 odd years.

That brings back memories. I passed my test in my Mother’s 1967 E plate Trafalgar Blue Morris Minor 4 door. I wish I owned that car now.

They already are recognised classics. I owned 3 different Connoisseurs since 2002 up to 2019.
One of the finest cars I’ve ever driven.

In answer to the OP I reckon my current classic, 1974 Vanden Plas Princess 1300 automatic with just 34k on the clock will be a fine investment. It cost me less than £200 way back in the early 80’s. It’s been sitting in my garage part restored (almost completed) for the last 30 odd years.
A late Rover 75 cdti with 3k on the clock went through Mathewsons Classic Auction Today, i think the final bid was £11.5k or thereabouts.

A late Rover 75 cdti with 3k on the clock went through Mathewsons Classic Auction Today, i think the final bid was £11.5k or thereabouts.
There’s more than one of ‘em although this is a petrol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom