£5m hospital bug payout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Big earners = big compensation. But I doubt she'd have earnt that much in the time..especially with that pout. They've already done Batman the movie featuring the joker.

Actually, I dont have a problem with this

a) She was a big earner, and should may have have earned a lot in the future, but little chance now
b) She has trouble walking now - having had a bad leg for a few months, I'd never want to be in that position for ever.
c) Finally the correct message is being sent to hospital management that they *must* sort this cleanliness issue out. Having walked around a hospital last month and finding one of the alchohol wipe dispenser was empty, I pointed it out to the next cleaner i saw, who said 'thats someone elses area' - this is just lack of traning and bad management, and employees expectations being set wrongly as to what they must do in order to stay employed.

But then theres far too much 'wrong expectations' being set for our kids/young people, just leading to their unhappiness and bad behaviour.

I only hope that the heads of the hospital involved lose their bonuses (i.e so its not all passed on to the tax payer)

Richard

20 guesses :mad:

1. You
2. Me
3. My girlfriend
4. Dad
5. Mum
6. Aunty
7. Uncle
8. Boss
9. Next door neighbour
10. Not young offenders
11. Not MPs
12. My brother
13. My skint friend
14. Eric Bristow
15. Timmy Mallett
16. My newsagent
17. The woman who looks like a spider on the way to work
18. Ken Dodd (refunded)
19. The man I call 'worried beard man..he has a beard of bees' on the way to work
20. Everyone else

20 guesses :mad:

Yup, £5m (ish) more of our money paid out because of incompetence/bad-practice by (some of) the people we pay.
(I've presumed the NHS is self-insured).

Stats from http://www.statistics.gov.uk

2005 MRSA deaths: 1629
2005 Cdif deaths: 3807

22/2/2007 report says they continue to rise. Thats >5400 people who went into hospital to be made better and died. No idea how many people have been crippled etc.

Now, think how much time/money/effort is spent reducing road deaths.

2005: Road traffic deaths: 3201

Amazing. less people died on our roads than we killed in our hospitals by just 2 infections. I'm sure theres lots of other deaths caused by the same lack of ability to prevent cross infection.

R

1. You - oh damn it
2. Me - c'est la vie
3. My girlfriend - haven't got one
4. Dad - bless him, hasn't he paid enough?
5. Mum - well, whatever
6. Aunty - have a few, so I suppose it shares it out
7. Uncle - as per #6
8. Boss - what a shame
9. Next door neighbour - they haven't any money?
10. Not young offenders - phew!
11. Not MPs - no, but make sure they get 2.56%
12. My brother - he is very thrifty, it might work
13. My skint friend - as per #9
14. Eric Bristow - he can throw some more spears at the wall
15. Timmy Mallett - who?
16. My newsagent - I pay them enough
17. The woman who looks like a spider on the way to work - scary :eek:
18. Ken Dodd (refunded) - fair point
19. The man I call 'worried beard man..he has a beard of bees' on the way to work - not seen him
20. Everyone else - oh yea, forgot that bit :rolleyes:

Comments above ;)

i go into north manchester hospital tomorrow to have my knee done after a fall,its a cancellation due to the person who had the slot refusing to have it done.north manchester has the highest rate of mrsa in the greater manchester area,not worried about the op in and out in a day but ****ting bricks as to what i'll come out with xtra if i do at all!.

Timmy Mallet:

timmy.jpg

I feel so ashamed and embarrassed at just how bad our once World leading health service has deteriorated. I fully accept that we can all recite tales of excellent service but that is painting over the dirt.

European countries send there medical staff over here just so they can see first hand these horrible diseases that they have no experience of. Yes we send surgeons to South Africa to gain experience of dealing with gunshot wounds but what good is that if a patient dies through a disease that is caused by a dirty hospital? Hopefully this payout was not because of a highly paid advocate fighting someone's corner and Joe public will receive an equal pay award (percentage wise)

Regards
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom