£6.8K cls55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
this seems cheap + nice interior

Does need some work, service brake light on so SBC needs replacing, and also needs front bumper repairing.

cls 55 amg | eBay

Nothing to major tbh I'd have the car inspected. Good price if you could chip him down a bit more.

Fair to say all CLS 55 AMG would have had some stick!

I'm sure this place used to be called Keighly trade centre? A place to avoid at all costs ....

Looking at the pic from the rear of the boot lid and the rear bumper, do we think this car has had a badly repaired rear end shunt at some point? Boot lid doesn't look like its on straight!

That CLS is mighty tempting... shame I'm after an E55

I'm with Killerhertz; it looks as though it's been owned by a knob who has neglected it. No mention of service history, either. I think the boot lid is OK, though, and it's just a trick of perspective.

I wonder what would turn out not to be working on a test drive...

Nat is right about the E55 vendor, too.

Badges in the wrong position, so could have had a bootlid respray

Thinking of boot lids, the E55 one is wonky too!

I would stay clear of that, even at that price. Such a shame many of these beautiful cars end up getting hammered. I drove mine hard and while it had stone chips and some loose items mechanically whatever needed spent was spent. I think when they get down to 10-12k prices they end up in the hands of boy racers who fancy an AMG and when they end up realising how much they cost to run, they try and get out of their money pit. Shame because it dilutes the pool of quality cars that will be left. I’d happily pay over the ods for a mint CLS55 because they are great cars, all well looked after AMGs are really. Could be a project for someone mind who doesn’t mind spending good money to get it right and keep it for a long time.

Could be a project for someone mind who doesn’t mind spending good money to get it right and keep it for a long time.

That's exactly what I'm looking for - a project to spend some time and money on, and bring it up to scratch. I'm really not a fan of the looks of the CLS personally otherwise I'd go and look at this... That and the fact it looks like it'll be on one or two police radars.. :eek:

If it was as cheap as some of you think it would have sold instantly
Tatty
Damaged
High miles
No mention of service history
Not quite the bargain some of you think it is.

That's exactly what I'm looking for - a project to spend some time and money on, and bring it up to scratch. I'm really not a fan of the looks of the CLS personally otherwise I'd go and look at this... That and the fact it looks like it'll be on one or two police radars.. :eek:

It’s one of the best looking cars around and hasn’t dated at all, the new version looks hideous IMO from front and back and just looks like the new A Class at the front and a C class coupe at the back. From the side it looks like the original CLS. Overall it just looks wrong. When I had mine someone when we had heavy frost last year wrote the word wow in the frost on my car boot and I would regularly get people looking at it and commenting on it, old women, young lads and all kinds.

My postman when I got the E63 asked me what I did with the CLS and seemed as gutted as I was that he would no longer see it outside my door. My neighbour called me foolish ha ha as the new one looks a big bloated thing.

The only other car I’ve had that drew so much admiration was my henna red, chrome bumpered/windows/doors BMW 635 CSI which was one beautiful car too. I miss that as well :(

Looking at a couple 2-3k to get that shipshape as long as there isnt anything else hidden.

Heresy! Burn the unbeliever! BURN HIM!!

Go wash your eyes out with soap...:D

Maybe I need to re-callibrate my eyeballs a little...?

The only other car I’ve had that drew so much admiration was my henna red, chrome bumpered/windows/doors BMW 635 CSI which was one beautiful car too. I miss that as well :(

Now that we can agree on, that sounds lovely!

Isn't the CLS exactly the same as the E apart from the shell anyway? In the same way the Rangey Sport and the Disco are the same?

Wikipedia says the CLS is positioned above the E but below the S in the MB model range... Perhaps you fine fellows could educate a noobie and tell me how/why this is the case??

Because it just looks so right, at least in the first model. Best-looking car Mercedes ever made, at least in the modern era.

Wikipedia says the CLS is positioned above the E but below the S in the MB model range... Perhaps you fine fellows could educate a noobie and tell me how/why this is the case??

The quality of the materials and fittings is alot better, (my Father has a high spec Avantgarde W211 so I can compare against fairly) The chassis is 30% stiffer (or some amount like that).

Apart from the odd switch gear, the interior is totally bespoke to the CLS. + Frameless windows front and rear.

CLSs are pretty much always higher spec than their E-Class equivalents, eg you dont need to option most things as they are included by default.

Another random thing I noticed when trying to get my car into my Dads garage, CLS is around 10cm longer...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom