£60 bus lane fine versus this....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What's this got to do with a fine in a bus lane ? :confused:

Its an explosion in a paint factory , why is it in Driving/Incidents/Roadrage ?

How is it relevant ?

You have no coment on the case?

In truth I suppose my heading was not that relevant.

It just struck me as sad that the penalties are so "unbalanced" and the directors of a firm that killed and maimed get off scot free.

It just struck me as sad that the penalties are so "unbalanced" and the directors of a firm that killed and maimed get off scot free.

Keith Morris from the HSE said it was a "very tragic case".

"One person was killed and three people were very seriously injured, but also this company went out of business, so 50 people lost their jobs," he said.

The HSE said there was not enough evidence to charge the company directors.

This should be in off topic.

I can see why this was posted but its off topic...

£60 for a wee stint in a bus lane seems steep when £2 for a life is the going rate.

£2 for a life is the going rate.
That's a bit of a simplification.

The company has gone bust since the accident, so can't pay a big fine. There's not enough evidence to charge the directors with anything. So what would you suggest?

Like Howard, I can't see the connection.

Is this a political post.?

Sorry to ask twice in succession but I just don't see the relevance of the posts.

That's a bit of a simplification.

The company has gone bust since the accident, so can't pay a big fine. There's not enough evidence to charge the directors with anything. So what would you suggest?

True, but have you seen some of the sentances handed out for Murders of late and teenage stabbings...life does seem cheap these days.

Certainly not a road rage and certainly not unique. How many prosecutions have there been for corporate murder and the diredtors have walked?

Tomorrow is another day and I gaurantee there will be similar examples. Oil refineries, firework factories, railways etc etc

regards
John

Well the moral of the story is that if you are in the bus lane behind a gas powered bus, make sure you get the bus to explode and kill a few people to divert attention from the traffic violation. You will only pay £1 for each person in the car.

Better still, get it to explode just next to the camera so your voilation isn't recorded...

" The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) said money was not the issue in the case. He said the important thing was the message it sent out to other companies in the aerosol business. " Hmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom