£60 speeding fine ??? He wishes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kikkthecat

MB Enthusiast
Car
2011 Viano 2.2 CDi Ambiente
I always knew the authorities had a low tolerance of law breaking motorists in Finland, I remember the father of a work colleague who spent 9 months as a labourer on the runway extention at Helsinki airport for drink driving, and that was over 20 years ago.
But I heard this on the news today, didn't really believe it so went looking for it.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_864737.html?menu=

Makes a £60 gatso fine look tremendous value.

Yeah - hopefully Bliar won't have the smart idea to implement here .....

I remember the chairman of Nokia being fined a few hundred thousand for speeding :crazy:

K

Thinks I will go and live in Finland. That way if I get caught for speeding they would have to pay me based on my income :crazy:

Kinky said:
Yeah - hopefully Bliar won't have the smart idea to implement here .....

I remember the chairman of Nokia being fined a few hundred thousand for speeding :crazy:

K

He was interviewed in the Sunday Times last week; Anssi Vanjoki (easy for you to say ;) ), who's not the chairman, but the head of multi-media at Nokia. Quote:

"He even managed to attract international headlines two years ago when he was stopped for speeding on his motorbike in Helsinki - 42 mph in a 30 mph zone - and was promptly fined 30,000 euros, the world's biggest ever speeding fine."

His salary is 1m euros :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom