£814 million found.

£814 on vaccines for use overseas

• I agree

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 50 71.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
What do we think about this money going overseas to pay for vaccines?

Oh I wish I had that popcorn eating icon thingy! :p

Terrible , i know i'll get shot down for this , but the country doesn't have a pot to piss in at the moment.

How about spending it on getting ourselves straight again ?

Also turns out that the UK has pledged more than any other country worldwide ...

We need to get our priorities straight .

Oh I wish I had that popcorn eating icon thingy! :p

Here you go!

eatpopcorn.gif

Terrible , i know i'll get shot down for this , but the country doesn't have a pot to piss in at the moment.

Also turns out that the UK has pledged more than any other country worldwide ...

Get out of that lock house, down the Thames and head towards the Palace of Westminster.

You've got my vote.

Cheers,

Gaz

Hear hear .

Get out of that lock house, down the Thames and head towards the Palace of Westminster.

You've got my vote.

Cheers,

Gaz

No lock house for me i'm afraid ..... due to the government 'austerity measures' , the lock houses are being sold off / rented .... :mad:

Like you might do with the family silver ....

They have to maximise their income streams don't you know ....

Careful you will be asking Hague to pull our armed forces from the Lybia action next

God no , i love a good war ...

Can't get enough of the videos of Tomahawks going in through windows !

I was always taught that charity begins at home......

It would have been a lot less but the vaccines had to be detailed instead of cleaned.

How about they spend the 814 million on the nhs? :doh:

Ok, for the sake of argument - £814M isn't really alot in the whole scheme of things and yes we could do with spending it at home on things that matter, but it won't really cure or solve any problems or really make much of a difference to the country as a whole.
On the other hand a poor child in this country will always get basic healthcare and hopefully will be looked after by 'The System' (In theory anyway) whereas a poor child in Africa (or wherever) will have nothing, no support, no chance of even basic healthcare or protection from basic diseases. You can't compare poor in this country with poor in Africa.
I know you'll all shoot me down but this is one of the few things this country has done in recent years that makes me proud to British.

Let the slagging begin........

Malthus was right.

Okay. Low hanging fruit.

You have 700 billion pounds to spend each year. In the next four years you will be spending 3 trillion pounds. If you find that you can save the lives of two million children for about an eighth of a percent wouldn't you be tempted, particularly if pretty much everything else you do will be thankless?

I think it is natural and justifiable and maybe even noble.

Ok, for the sake of argument - £814M isn't really alot in the whole scheme of things and yes we could do with spending it at home on things that matter, but it won't really cure or solve any problems or really make much of a difference to the country as a whole.

Let the slagging begin........

No slagging, but this country is up to its ears in debt.

Howard has a point. we don't have a pot to piss in, and instead of pretending that we do, the next time someone comes begging we should should turn our pockets inside out and go "sorry - all gone".

Just my £0.02 (now worth £0.018 and depreciating)

Gaz

F*** em

never going to amount to much other than Shi*ing out dozens of kids then complaining they have no money to feed their dozens of kids then they all die

plus i need all my money for cheap cake and other such stuff i dont need

life is over rated, just get on with it ... or not

if they have not got the sense to not get ill in the first place its their own fault

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom