£86,000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Your 'facts' Scott. Where is the evidence? Do you have any direct experience of working in or with the justice system?

You seem to have a very negative view of just about every aspect of our society. You must be quite unhappy and troubled by all this. It really isnt that bad.....

What on earth is meant by 'Cranking away'?

I don't know why are you asking me for evidence of the obvious - you can watch / read the news or use Google just as well as me or anyone else. Do you need evidence that the World is round ??

However, I'll provide evidence of my facts if you'll substantiate your statements. Here's mine (apologies for quoting The Sun and The Express but I thought it only fair to reference a variety of sources):

1. Detection rates.
Shocking figures reveal cops across Britain solve just one in ten burglaries with five per cent of the 2.1million break-ins resulting in a suspect being charged

2. Uncollected fines - 3/4 of a BILLION unpaid in England and Wales alone:
Courts owed £747 million in surcharges and uncollected court fines

3. Community Service failing to deter:
Community sentences 'ineffective'

4. Criminals avoiding prison or being released early:
What justice? Robbers and violent thugs to be free from prison EARLY as jails too crowded

5. Drugs in understaffed prisons:
Scale of contraband crisis in UK prisons revealed

6 . Re-offending rates - 60% of those serving short sentences re-offend within a year and 46% overall. Or to be more accurate, they are CAUGHT re-offending (see Point 1 re. low detection rates):
Prisons: re-offending, costs and conditions

Not my idea of what you seem to see as "a very good justice system in this country, one of the best in the world" !!

So there's my evidence (or a tiny proportion of it since there's a vast quantity out there if you really need it).

Where's yours ?

I don't know why are you asking me for evidence of the obvious - you can watch / read the news or use Google just as well as me or anyone else. Do you need evidence that the World is round ??

However, I'll provide evidence of my facts if you'll substantiate your statements. Here's mine (apologies for quoting The Sun and The Express but I thought it only fair to reference a variety of sources):

Where's yours ?

A variety of reports indeed but their authenticity and accuracy is questionable - especially anything coming from a tabloid. I surprised you didnt quote the Mail or the Guardian too. Just as valid.

As for the world is round, ive seen it myself from 60,000 feet ;-)

Regarding my statements, I certainly can substantiate them but not here.

A variety of reports indeed but their authenticity and accuracy is questionable - especially anything coming from a tabloid. I surprised you didnt quote the Mail or the Guardian too. Just as valid.

I avoided just quoting articles from the BBC and the left-wing press to prevent you shouting "Leftie propaganda - I don't believe a word of it ! It's a Corbyn conspiracy !!" in your usual measured way.

However, there are no questions regarding the authenticity or accuracy of any of the articles since everything in them has been widely reported in a variety of print and broadcast media so if you are not satisfied with any of them you can use Google and read exactly the same things elsewhere.

You asked me for evidence and I've provided it. I asked you for evidence and you haven't.

Regarding my statements, I certainly can substantiate them but not here.

You're ducking and diving. Put up or shut up.

Grabs popcorn ;)

Ohhh the irony. If only you knew.

If anyone would like to know and they can be trusted, PM me.

Ohhh the irony. If only you knew.

If anyone would like to know and they can be trusted, PM me.

Irony has nothing to do with it and nor have little games of Secret Whispers.

You need to provide clear, objective evidence (therefore not based on your own personal experience) and we're still waiting......

No Scott, YOU are still waiting and will continue to wait....
If I could trust you, id tell you, but I dont so I wont.

Last edited:
No Scott, YOU are still waiting and will continue to wait....
If I could trust you, id tell you, but I dont so I wont.

I case you hadn't noticed other people are following this thread with some interest !

And as I have said, our discussion is based on objective evidence not personal experience.

I have produced mine.

You can't.

I case you hadn't noticed other people are following this thread with some interest !

And as I have said, our discussion is based on objective evidence not personal experience.

I have produced mine.

You can't.

In case you hadnt noticed, I offered to disclose to others via PM.

I can and you wont provoke me into revealing all here.

In case you hadnt noticed, I offered to disclose to others via PM.

I can and you wont provoke me into revealing all here.

I really don't want you to reveal all - here or anywhere else thank you.

But I would like you to refer to a variety of media sources that we can all read as I have done.

Good we are agreed then.
I really don't want you to reveal all - here or anywhere else thank you.

But I would like you to refer to a variety of media sources that we can all read as I have done.

Dont believe everything you read or see in the media. I dont.

You will be waiting a long time....................

Dont believe everything you read or see in the media. I dont....................

So despite having been challenged multiple times to provide evidence to support your viewpoint you have provided none. Instead, you've dodged, waffled and floundered. And you have now been reduced to dismissing the evidence you demanded that I provide on the basis that you don't believe the media !

I think that is what is commonly known as painting yourself into a corner !!

You will be waiting a long time....................

As will the rest of us.

You and I clearly have a different viewpoint on many issues and different viewpoints make for lively debate. However, if you are going to challenge someone to provide objective evidence to substantiate their views then you have to be prepared to do the same and if you can't then your statements have no credibility.

??? What a child !

So despite having been challenged multiple times to provide evidence to support your viewpoint you have provided none. Instead, you've dodged, waffled and floundered. And you have now been reduced to dismissing the evidence you demanded that I provide on the basis that you don't believe the media !

I think that is what is commonly known as painting yourself into a corner !!

As will the rest of us.

You and I clearly have a different viewpoint on many issues and different viewpoints make for lively debate. However, if you are going to challenge someone to provide objective evidence to substantiate their views then you have to be prepared to do the same and if you can't then your statements have no credibility.
Nope, I'm not waiting...I know.

We have some sunshine finally, stop arguing here, go and have a BBQ or go down to a nice pub. It’ll do you good :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom