£86,000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know , it sounds a lot , but isn’t even a weeks wages for him .

It's a lot of money, the recipients could probably do with some lore like him.

A cup of coffee for him.... He should of got jail time IMO.... 2 times over... absolute joke of a verdict....

Do you know of anyone else who has been imprisoned for being just over twice the legal limit? If not, why should he be treated any differently?

A lot will have to do with circumstances- previous offences , outcome of the incident, in this case no one hurt ( would have been different if there were ) and one presumes he will have paid for material damage . Attitude , remorse or lack of can also affect sentencing

Unforgiveable behaviour...but.

* One of the largest ever fines handed down by British courts;

* A fifteen month ban;

* And easily more than a five million pound loss of earnings.

For "probably" the equivalent of driving after drinking the equivalent of half a bottle of wine.

Thank heavens no-one we know ever drinks at lunchtime and drives, eh?

Unforgiveable behaviour...but.

One of the largest ever fines handed down by British courts;

A fifteen month ban;

And easily more than a five million pound loss of earnings.

For "probably" the equivalent of driving after drinking the equivalent of half a bottle of wine.

20 month ban I believe.

Loss of earnings more to do with his tarnished reputation than loss of a licence or fine.

Ban is reduced to 15 months by completing the drink-drive referral programme during the next 12 months, which he will.

Loss is earnings is certainly to do with tarnished reputation, but that's what the legal process is for.

It's not the fine that hurts, it's the loss of future incomes - which is why our legal system breeds reoffenders.

Do you know of anyone else who has been imprisoned for being just over twice the legal limit? If not, why should he be treated any differently?

I feel like this was blown way out of proportion by the media, as usual. Not saying it’d acceptable to drink and drive by any means, but it’s not something that needs such massive media coverage in my opinion.

I feel like this was blown way out of proportion by the media, as usual. Not saying it’d acceptable to drink and drive by any means, but it’s not something that needs such massive media coverage in my opinion.
It'll blow over.

Fine is the same as for anyone.

1 weeks wages (then reduced by a third for an early guilty plea)

So if unemployed you pay no fine?

The court followed the new regs, re fines, at a set percentage (60%?) of the offenders weekly wage.

The court followed the new regs, re fines, at a set percentage (60%?) of the offenders weekly wage.

Fines only to apply to LOWER levels of intoxication. Complicated table of charges depending on the level of the alcohol AND the Magistrates discretion within a range of values. (Don't forget there's potential long term disqualification in the event of a second offence) Here's the table:

Excess Alcohol (drive/attempt to drive) (Revised 2017)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom