£940 for lane hogging.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Was just about to post this and agree, serves him right!

Driver probably declined offer of £100 fixed penalty for whatever reason.

When motoring offences go to court they are always much more expensive.

The press as usual don't tell the full story in order to sell papers/advertising revenue.

Not enough bring back hanging or at least introduce the garrotte

Seems strange that it went to court unless, as said above he refused the offered FP, but then to not turn up??? no wonder he got 400 costs against him. Just desserts in my book, on both counts.

Hopefully it won't be an isolated case - then we might start to see a change .

It was the same with mobile phone use , not nearly so many offenders as before , although a persistent hard core remain .

Great result! About time too!!

Hopefully it won't be an isolated case - then we might start to see a change .

It was the same with mobile phone use , not nearly so many offenders as before , although a persistent hard core remain .

If it's a hard core I'd say it's a pretty sizeable one.

Every time I drive my car I see people using hand held phones, usually within less than 2 minutes of starting my journey. Worse are the texters who you can spot because they are driving too slowly, weaving in their lane (or the adjacent lanes) & constantly looking up & down at the phone & the road.

Hand held phone use is endemic.

There must be more to this, it is unclear who and how this incident was witnessed and reported.
There is mention of 'several opportunities' to pull over which suggests to me that the offender was followed by a police car and flashed to pull over but refused.
I recall that the question of enforcement was raised when the new law was introduced and this remains unchanged, the police don't have the resource without resorting to cameras and even then will need a huge amount of manual review to ID offenders.
It's a shame but this, single, incidence changes nothing.

If it's a hard core I'd say it's a pretty sizeable one.

Every time I drive my car I see people using hand held phones, usually within less than 2 minutes of starting my journey. Worse are the texters who you can spot because they are driving too slowly, weaving in their lane (or the adjacent lanes) & constantly looking up & down at the phone & the road.

Hand held phone use is endemic.

It may be different in other parts of the country , but hereabouts handheld mobile phone use is not nearly as prevalent as it used to be : I used to see people with the things on more or less every journey , now it is rare - maybe once or twice a month . To my mind that is a significant reduction , and I do cover 500-1000 miles per week all over Scotland , so on the road plenty to see such things .

Why let it go to court and then not turn up? Sounds like the driver was a cussed individual in all aspects of his life.

Excellent result. Let's hope it serves as an example to others.

But I suspect it wont.:dk:

It was a curious sight today on the A13 to and from the M25. I am making assumptions but it seemed obvious who had been watching the news/reading newspaper/etc as I have never seen so much traffic in lane one of three and people actively moving back in as far as they could after an overtake. Lane three was hardly used…really made those not up to date with events stand out a treat!
I don't suppose this will last long but it was a sight to behold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom