Škoda Yeti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 RWD / 2016 Suzuki Vitara AWD
Thinking of buying a late (2017) car for Mrs. MJ.

Anyone had one? Any pointers?

(Yes, I also asked on briskoda.net :) )

I really don’t know what could go wrong with any two year old Skoda. We had 3 manual ones in our houshold, unfortunately no Yeti, and both Octavias and one Fabia were ultra reliable. As the matter of fact Sis in law is still driving our Fabia 1.2HTP (MY2006) with no issues at all.
Go for it you wont regret.

We looked at one a while back. Car looked ok but the boot is tiny really. Oh and the DSG box is hideous; we ended up with a fabia vrs estate which would have been ok had it not been for the gearbox. Sold it and bought the c55; much happier now :)

Oh and the DSG box is hideous; we ended up with a fabia vrs estate which would have been ok had it not been for the gearbox.
That’s why we went for manual ones which were fantastic.

Guy at work has a manual 1.2 Fabia on a 17 I think.

Very reliable.

I drove it and it's a great car.

OK not the model you are looking at but it's a good sign...

Neighbour has got a Yeti , 15 plate , it is reasonably reliable, however they had problems with the power steering. They are pleased with it but they think their 6 year old Ford Focus is more reliable overall

Great cars, go for it.

I nearly bought one a few years ago but ended up with a Roomster Scout (for the dog you understand):rolleyes: but the Yeti is better in the looks department.

Mine was petrol and DSG ( I don't like manuals) and I found it perfectly acceptable for normal driving. It's not exciting by any means but that's not what they are designed for.

I have a Roomster 1.2 Tfsi with a DSG 'box. - Similar to the Yeti, just a but smaller.
The gearbox is great. - I can stop to give way at a roundabout, and it can be in 4th gear by the time I exit the roundabout.

It's great for distances of up to about 60/100 miles at a time, and for cruising at 50/60 mph.
For longer distances, and at motorway speeds, it can be a bit tiring. - But that might be just my age.
The Yeti is available with a larger (diesel) engine.

Do you have a requirement for the boxy shape of the Yeti?
If not, have you looked at the Skoda Rapid ?

Many taxis around this part of the country are Skoda, which says something about them.

Thanks for the replies.

Mrs. MJ prefers roomy cars with large windows area.

We are looking at 1.2L Petrol Auto (DSG). This way we could insure it for our daughters to drive.

You probably already know that the Yeti often tops owner satisfaction surveys? People appear to love them.

My mates wife has one. Had it for 3yrs and she loves it. No problems at all and they’ve used it for everything from school run to family camping holiday. They were very popular with a long waiting list but that may have changed now.

I know they’ve probably changed a fair bit since they came out, but a guy at work has an early Yeti, used daily and has covered well over 200k miles now with no major hassle I’m aware of.

Seem like pretty durable cars :thumb:

One of the guys at work is on his 2nd Yeti, absolutely loves them and they've never given him any grief. For modern road conditions they seem perfect.

Didn't MOCAS buy one?

Funnily enough, we were thinking of buying a new Yeti as a slightly larger replacement for our great (but small) Panda 4x4, only to be told it has been replaced by an anonymous thing called a Karoq, a car so bland I can't recall ever noticing one. Shame really (even though I'm sure the latter is better in most other ways).

The gap between the top of the tyre and the wheel arch is too big.

Go and check......

I found that 1.2 to be fine performance-wise and I am used to a 4.7 V8 twin turbo now.

Aren't they the most reliable cars in the VW group?
It would be the only one I would go for in their whole range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom