‘13 CLS PP purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anders

Car
‘14 BMW X5 M50D
I am considering swapping my X5 to a ‘13 CLS with PP but possibly not with the LSD. Despite some research I haven’t managed to figure out what option code that is? It has the PP and P30 Handling pack and 250 Drivers package but how do I determine if it has the LSD?

Also, only having driven a W212 E63, how comfortable (ride, wind and road noise) is the CLS in comparison to an E class?

I am considering swapping my X5 to a ‘13 CLS with PP but possibly not with the LSD. Despite some research I haven’t managed to figure out what option code that is? It has the PP and P30 Handling pack and 250 Drivers package but how do I determine if it has the LSD?

Also, only having driven a W212 E63, how comfortable (ride, wind and road noise) is the CLS in comparison to an E class?

I have a W212 E63 having come from a W219 CLS55 so not the same car, but the CLS was comfier and had less noisier cabin which has kind of disappointed me with the E63, but the cab seems better put together and of course more modern. The ride of the CLS was better too. The E63 handles better and fells like a sports car in Sport + and is therefore more fun when pushing it hard, it feels more of a sports car.

The CLS was an animal though when you wanted it to be, but I suppose that’s because when not pushing it hard it was like a limo almost riding on air. The noise difference I think is down to the panoramic roof and bigger size wheels of the E63, that and it isn’t as sleek so wind doesn’t travel over it quite as well or smoothly. It’s horrible with even one window down at speeds I’ve 30, the CLS even in the motorway with the window down wasn’t as noisy.

Sorry I haven’t exactly answered you question btw given yours is different CLS, good luck with the purchase if you do go for it anyway, however.

Thanks for the answer anyway, will have to get the test drive sorted out next week.

I find the CLS fantastic looking, even with the new one out, although the interior of course is somewhat dated (Comand screen in particular) but leather everywhere, and this particular one comes fully loaded with Alcantara headliner and B&O (and night view)

Thanks for the answer anyway, will have to get the test drive sorted out next week.

I find the CLS fantastic looking, even with the new one out, although the interior of course is somewhat dated (Comand screen in particular) but leather everywhere, and this particular one comes fully loaded with Alcantara headliner and B&O (and night view)

I find command dated full stop and my interior dated compared to the new E class. I prefer the original CLS, but the facelift version has grew on me, it’s more muscle car however. The new CLS I just don’t like at all, it looks like 3 different profiles tacked together, side, front and rear, it’s trying to be the original CLS from the side, the C class coupe from the rear and the A class at the front. IMO anyway.

Sounds like a great spec. The Harman Kardon is brilliant so the B&O must be something else!

get a lsd, i came from c63 without lsd to cls and it is night and day. Other than that the spec you have sounds good.

I find command dated full stop and my interior dated compared to the new E class. I prefer the original CLS, but the facelift version has grew on me, it’s more muscle car however. The new CLS I just don’t like at all, it looks like 3 different profiles tacked together, side, front and rear, it’s trying to be the original CLS from the side, the C class coupe from the rear and the A class at the front. IMO anyway.
The 218 whilst dated compared the the current E63 is miles ahead of the 219 in tech and quality. I liked the old 219 but have to admit the 218 is the better place to be, definitely from a “modern” perspective. Neither have great seats for “drivers” cars, they are both below par in that respect.

Jules

but how do I determine if it has the LSD?
If it has the factory locking diff then Option Code 471 will be listed, regardless of any other packages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom