‘65 Mustang pool table

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz_l

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mini Cooper S, BMW M140i
How cool is this? Love it.. but as I’ve nowhere to put it, sadly it will remain a dream along with the rest of the things I’d buy for my “man-cave”..

5C3E5C51-1F41-4684-8822-4C1817DB46DB.jpeg

Cheers,

Gaz

Waste of a nice car

I strongly suspect it’s made of fibreglass and very few Mustangs were injured in the course of its manufacture. So that’s alright then.

Cheers,

Gaz

Reactions: 219
I strongly suspect it’s made of fibreglass and very few Mustangs were injured in the course of its manufacture. So that’s alright then.

Cheers,

Gaz
If that is the case then fine , but I have seen furniture made from parts of real cars - beds in V8 Hotel , tip gear sofa etc .

Fine if the donor vehicle was a write off .

Hard to say it’s a waste without knowing what state it was in before - it could have been damaged in a roll, a blow engine or transmission.

A fine piece of upcycling.

Hard to say it’s a waste without knowing what state it was in before - it could have been damaged in a roll, a blow engine or transmission.

A fine piece of upcycling.

Given that it has a front end , back end and most of all four wings , unlikely to be crash damage ; also with the values of Mk1 Mustangs now , a mechanical failure is unlikely to write one off ...

That being said , even allowing for the middle being cut out , the pool table looks smaller in scale than the real thing , so I suspect it is just something made up .

Given that it has a front end , back end and most of all four wings , unlikely to be crash damage ; also with the values of Mk1 Mustangs now , a mechanical failure is unlikely to write one off ...

That being said , even allowing for the middle being cut out , the pool table looks smaller in scale than the real thing , so I suspect it is just something made up .

As ever you haven’t read the comments - I referred to a roll over with roof damage, which is far harder to rectify

Do you really think a mustang is only 4ft wide?

I like it. :)

Although I'm confused as to whether it's a V8 or a 6-pot?

I think that's a 289 badge on the front wings. We'll have no underpowered rubbish here, thank you very much.

Cheers,

Gaz

If it’s a real mustang it’s a very large pool table!

As ever you haven’t read the comments - I referred to a roll over with roof damage, which is far harder to rectify
Yes I did , but as ever , you now quote something you didn’t say : you only said ‘in a roll’ : it would be unusual in the extreme for a car to roll over damaging only the roof , and leave all other panels unscathed .

Yes I did , but as ever , you now quote something you didn’t say : you only said ‘in a roll’ : it would be unusual in the extreme for a car to roll over damaging only the roof , and leave all other panels unscathed .

now you are just being deliberately obtuse 😂

obviously a car that has rolled is unlikely to have damaged only the roof....clearly the point I was making is that roof damage would make it uneconomic to repair...A point even stevie wonder would see...

The guys that made these used a real car cut down to correct size then made moulds to make them out of fibreglass for production.

now you are just being deliberately obtuse 😂

obviously a car that has rolled is unlikely to have damaged only the roof....clearly the point I was making is that roof damage would make it uneconomic to repair...A point even stevie wonder would see...
Surely it is not THAT much of a stretch that undamaged panels could not have come from such a car ?

I have been to many dozens , if not into the low hundreds , of RTCs , including more than a few rollovers . I have NEVER seen a rollover which did not have extensive damage to every , or just about every , panel on the car .

Sure , it could have come from panels sourced from multiple cars , but unlikely , due to economics .

So which was faster in real life ?

Bullit/Shelby Mustang or Dodge Charger ?
My monies on the Mustang because of the Mods and that addictive exhaust note. In the film apparently McQueen insisted on the Mustang being de-badged.
Good job it wasn’t a Merc. This bb would go into overdrive 😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom