‘Close centre comp’ message on r230 2004 sl500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brokencar

Car
Sl500 r230 2004
Hi, as a return to mercedes vehicles i bought an sl500 to play with, i restore cars for a hobby
previous mercs, clk320 conv and Cl500(so very familiar with abc and electrical issues)
ive got latest carsoft tool and large toolkit and do all my own fixing on my hobby cars, dont see myself as an expert but can resolve most things.
My question is about message appearing on dash ‘close centre comp’ when i leave car
figured out this was centre armrest compartments.
everything else on car Is just fine.
found Other threads on this and so now armrest and compartments are out of car.
looks like there is a vacuum operated pull mechanism to hold down armrest when locked.
this is working just fine, the latch mechanism all seems to work fine with nothing obviously broken etc
at the back of the armrest there is a microswitch which is where im thinking the message is being generated.
switch seems to work just fine, tried jumping the 2 wires on switch to bypass the switch but still get the close comp message
im worried as someone has obviously been in here before me as lots of butchered torx heads and scratches.
im thinking there may be a wire break in the microswitch cabling or is there a common fuse?
hoping someone has been here before?
thanks

When the car is locked it also locks the centre arm rest (security for when the roof is down) so maybe there is something stopping the locking mechanism working?

When the car is locked it also locks the centre arm rest (security for when the roof is down) so maybe there is something stopping the locking mechanism working?
yep, im guessing the locking is done through the vacuum pipe mechanism which is all working just fine but not seeing any electrical switch beside the locking mechanism at front of armrest that might generate the not closed message

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom