“Car insurance prices 'falling at record rate”

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dash1

Car
2013-Audi A8L (W12) Exclusive (D4) 1998 H-D FLHTCUi and FLSTS 95th Anniversary Models.
Interesting article this morning on the BBC Businesss News website. “Car insurance prices 'falling at record rate”. It’s not before time either. What are your opinions and views on this?

The contents from the website: - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23474426

Regards,

Dash1

Fraudulent whiplash claimants should be locked in an Oubliette.

That's my view.

Last edited:
remember that one from "Labyrinth" with David Bowie and Jennifer conilly if i recall, spelling is def wrong though

If I heard right they still have a long way to go to fall to the average 2007 policy price which was half what it is now. Mind you maybe the currency is half the value it was.:rolleyes:

The average annual comprehensive car insurance quote fell to £594.84 this month, it said, down 9.8. from £659.53 last July - the biggest decrease since the AA insurance index in 1994.

It's been many years since I paid those levels of premiums. Apart from new drivers who is paying these levels?

My premium remained about the same for the past 5 years... I am with Aviva.

£2250 last year on my car.I am 45 years old and that was with full ncb.And the best I could do.

Do you park your car on the street during marching season in Belfast? :)

Nope.Driveway,limited to 6k a year,Started at £900 year one the just went crackers.Only detriment was wife had a 50/50 in her company car in B&Q carpark.

Fraudulent whiplash claimants should be locked in an Oubliette.

That's my view.

Fraudulent whiplash claimants - that’s nothing really in the bigger scheme of things - You would be extremely shocked and horrified at some of the insurance scams that I have had to deal with when I was involved in this industry some thirteen plus years ago now, especially the hire car charges, fake and grossly over-inflated repairs and staged accidents, to name but a few, pretty frightening really what actually goes on.

Ever since the “Accident Management Companies” came on the scene some 20 plus years ago now, the insurance industry has never been the same, and never will be either. Thankfully, the IFB now monitor most of the online claims and are screened in collaboration with CUE. Insurance Companies take fraud very very seriously, and quite rightly so given the amount of spurious and fraudulent claims now submitted these days, especially from some of these ruthless accident management companies and the like.

Most, if not all insurance companies are now also members of the IFB (Insurance Fraud Bureau) and the IFB do manage quite a lot of the UK’s personal online claims. All IFB members also share their claims data and information via CUE, the (Claims and Underwriting Exchange)

Regards,

Dash1

Many youngsters now seem to pay £2k/£3k upwards for insurance now.

They have to use black boxes to reduce their premium and other such tactics.

I used to have premiums like that 20 years ago on hot hatches...

Never paid more than £300 for my policy in all my driving career and that includes, Porsches, Cosworths, M3, T5 maybe because I'm an old fart :D or maybe advance driving qualifications do count for something :dk:

Actually thinking about it, mine weren't that bad.

My 2.0GTE Manta was £900 a year at 18 and my Astra GTE 16Vs were £560 at 20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom