“Gtech Air-Ram”

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Let’s talk vacuum cleaners... :D

We currently own a Dyson DC25 Animal and a Miele C2 (which I use for the car)...

I have been eyeing up a GTECH Air-Ram for some time now, seems to be hassle free without the cord and should cope fine with our tiled + parquet floors on the ground floor, as well as a small amount of carpet on the upstairs landing.

Has anyone got one?

Can they be used for the stairs? It doesn’t appear so?

Cheers,
Abs

We have the airram k9 and its very good on both carpet and wood floors.

Not really suitable for stairs as there are no attachments so we also have the handheld.

We’ve had ours for about five years or so and both have been very good.

Support from Gtech is outstanding. Needed some spares due to ours being bashed into things but they replaced them FOC.

It's very light and maneuverable, but in my wife's opinion that's where the good features stop. It doesn't have the power of her Dyson but the Dyson weighs a ton in comparison. I find it far easier to use than a corded vacuum.

The g-tech works very well, but the one I used felt very cheaply made.
As per bob6600, we have a Shark and it is well made and works brilliantly - very powerful.
Also super easy to take apart to clean the filters.
Only issue is that the dust/fluff container is a bit small.

I've had an Air Ram for 5-6 years now, and it's excellent for purpose. It can cope well with carpet, laminate and Karndean floor coverings without any adjustment, but it can't do the stairs - there are no attachments. A friend with pets tried mine and went on to buy one so I believe that pet hair is no issue.

We have a small hand held Dyson of about the same age that we use for the stairs, car etc.

I am an expert on domestic vacuum cleaners, we have six !! We also take in cleaners which have been orphaned, one of which is the g tech air ram, probably six years old, it’s quite simply brilliant with limitations, as already said, it doesn’t do stairs, but everything else is no problem. We are Henry geeks,I even have one just for the garage. Good luck with the choice.

We have owned two Dyson cleaners, both very heavy, both with poor design features and both sent to an early grave (I did not buy either!)

Our cleaner a;so hated them but loves the Henry as it is light, powerful, easy to move around the house and has a long hose to make cleaning the stairs simple. For backup and garage use I have a Medivac which has a built in HEPA filter.

Neither are cordless of course but as I do not vacuum the house it is of little consequence ;)

We have a Sebo, an Oreck, and a Festool.

Sebo has been brilliant. Oreck also very good and amazingly light. Festool is used for heavy duty and hazardous cleaning, as it is M rated. The Festool has a huge capacity too, which is a mixed blessing, as it can get extremely heavy!

We have a Sebo, an Oreck, and a Festool.

Sebo has been brilliant. Oreck also very good and amazingly light. Festool is used for heavy duty and hazardous cleaning, as it is M rated. The Festool has a huge capacity too, which is a mixed blessing, as it can get extremely heavy!

What form of "hazardous" cleaning do you encounter in a domestic environment?

Sebo. A proper vacuum cleaner that will last 20 years. They don't have to advertise them on the TV to sell them which is a good starting point.

Gave our G tech to our daughter, not too good with having dogs. Bought a Shark and she seems happy with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing comes close to a Henry, reason why most businesses, schools use them.
Have tried dysons etc also not a patch on them

Just waiting for them to make a cordless one.... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom