“Gwapple me gwapenuts”

• Thread starter Deleted member 65149
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 65149

I was saddened to hear of David Bellamy’s death today. The infectiously enthusiastic botanist had been absent from our screens for a long time, but not forgotten. I had the honour and pleasure of bumping into the big man in a gift shop in Port Vila, Vanuatu 24 years ago. He was a delight to chat to, telling about the conservation project he was working on at the time. It was even more of a surprise when I went down for breakfast at my hotel the next morning and saw him there with a couple of his adopted children. A really happy and connected family.

RIP David.

I always liked him and wonder if he'll be interred 'under moss and leaves'........

RIP

Always came across on TV as a nice bloke, glad he actually was in real life. RIP

Such a shame that an engaging and competent scientist with a natural and infectious enthusiasm was largely shunned by the media and hence from our lives because he had the temerity to question the current climate change orthodoxy. RIP David.

RIP

I remember a fair amount of his TV work in the early/mid 80s.

Very engaging individual at a time when I struggled with attention.

Randomly wrote a series of "Spotting" type books of which one was on number plates, which considering the subject matter I actually found very interesting.

I agree with all of the above.

When he came out against "Global Warming", as it was termed then, his work with the BBC dried up. 2010 if I recall correctly.

By all accounts a lovely man and well respected by his peers, but then shunned by barstewards because he had the temerity - and gravitas - to call them out.

RIP David.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom