“Many a true word hath been spoken in jest.” ― King Lear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's Christmas ........Chill.

Eat a mince pie and watch some rubbish on TV like the rest of us. :thumb:

A letter in The Independent some weeks ago from a banker said that 'banking is no harder a task than is carpentry - only bankers make it so.'

A letter in The Independent some weeks ago from a banker said that 'banking is no harder a task than is carpentry - only bankers make it so.'

That may be true, but if you cut a piece a wood to the wrong length thousands of peoples pensions aren't wiped out.

In a similar vein, the chief pilot of a large airline once told me that landing a 747 was no more difficult that throwing a tennis ball in the air and catching it. But if you miss the ball, 300 people die.

I reckon it gets difficult when you start to lend lots of people money you don't actually have. :rolleyes:

I reckon it gets difficult when you start to lend lots of people money you don't actually have. :rolleyes:

Where are the carpenters when we need them? Some batons to form crosses, some nails, some bankers....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom