“Parking for 15 minutes on double yellow lines may be allowed”

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dash1, Jul 29, 2013.

1. knighterrant

knighterrant Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Yes
    Where are white zigzag lines used other than by pedestrian crossings? Sounds like I need to read up on the Highway Code because I didn't know about this one :eek:

And I've also been misreading all those double yellow lines I've seen around the country on and close to road junctions and in other places where it would be deemed unsafe to park. And has the Highway Code changed the rule about not loading or unloading where there are yellow markings on the kerb and upright signs advise restrictions are in place? :dk:

2. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    KE, I did touch briefly on the kerb markings.

But the point is that whatever is permitted or not-permitted on a double yellow line (without kerb markings), is also permitted or not-permitted on a single yellow line... you can load and unload on both.

So the idea that double yellow lines (without kerb markings) are there for safety reasons does not hold water.