“Parking for 15 minutes on double yellow lines may be allowed”

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The yellow lines (single or double) are not there for safety reasons, but simply to allow space for cars and vans to stop briefly in order to load/unload.

Where there are safety concerns the road will be marked by white zigzag line, not yellow (single or double) line ( or by additional kerb marking).
Where are white zigzag lines used other than by pedestrian crossings? Sounds like I need to read up on the Highway Code because I didn't know about this one :eek:

And I've also been misreading all those double yellow lines I've seen around the country on and close to road junctions and in other places where it would be deemed unsafe to park. And has the Highway Code changed the rule about not loading or unloading where there are yellow markings on the kerb and upright signs advise restrictions are in place? :dk:

KE, I did touch briefly on the kerb markings.

But the point is that whatever is permitted or not-permitted on a double yellow line (without kerb markings), is also permitted or not-permitted on a single yellow line... you can load and unload on both.

So the idea that double yellow lines (without kerb markings) are there for safety reasons does not hold water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom