“Route calculation not possible”. w205, COMAND

• Thread starter Deleted member 126969
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 126969

Mmmm. Did a short trip this morning, used the nav just in case of diversions etc and as I’d not been to the destination in a while. Entered fine, routed fine, trip was fine, got to destination. Stopped briefly then tried to enter home address from “previous destinations” for the return trip. Nav refused with the message “Route calculation not possible”. Set off anyway, thinking it might sort itself after we left the carpark. Nope. Tried a range of other random destinations, from map, by postcode etc, same result. Arrived home, switched off, tried again, same result.

F8EAF41F-C21D-464F-83A5-B131E2553F76.jpeg

At all times the nav was showing the car in the correct location, so it’s not like it couldn’t see the GPS constellation.

Totally baffled by this one! Anyone had similar??

TFL

Mmmm. Did a short trip this morning, used the nav just in case of diversions etc and as I’d not been to the destination in a while. Entered fine, routed fine, trip was fine, got to destination. Stopped briefly then tried to enter home address from “previous destinations” for the return trip. Nav refused with the message “Route calculation not possible”. Set off anyway, thinking it might sort itself after we left the carpark. Nope. Tried a range of other random destinations, from map, by postcode etc, same result. Arrived home, switched off, tried again, same result.

View attachment 110866

At all times the nav was showing the car in the correct location, so it’s not like it couldn’t see the GPS constellation.

Totally baffled by this one! Anyone had similar??

TFL
Very odd. Not come across this myself. What version of software/maps do you have? Ours is on V13 (2019). There‘s a combination of buttons (that I can’t remember at the moment, I’ll see if I can find it) that can be pressed that reveal the system details, which may come in handy when trying to discuss the issue. For reference, the details for our Comand system are attached below. Good luck.

Might be worth giving the guys at comand-online a call?

Attachments

• 60E03383-12EF-47C8-89B6-99F78F0938DC.jpeg
    60E03383-12EF-47C8-89B6-99F78F0938DC.jpeg
    237.2 KB · Views: 6
  • D70C75A7-4AC1-41BC-8D3E-D152256C6530.jpeg
    D70C75A7-4AC1-41BC-8D3E-D152256C6530.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 5
Had a quick trawl on the web and found this:

Dealer Menu: Go to Vehicle Settings, mark the System Settings (don't open it, just mark it) and hold the control wheel to the left for several seconds.
(This may be all you need to get the information about the system)

Engineering Menu: this is NOT the same thing as the "Dealer Menu". It is apparently disabled by default requiring ‘Vediamo’ to enable. Because the W205's don't have a dial-pad, the way to access this menu is the same as the Dealer Menu, but instead go all the way to the RIGHT of the screen and hold right with the scroll wheel.
(I’ve seen the Engineering menu on ours, but haven’t tried to use it on the basis of not wanting to mess anything up).

“Have you tried turning it off & on again?”

Double mmmm. Went out to the car to try this magic menu but thought I’d try a route again. Works as it should once more.
I did try switching off/on when I got home but I guess it hadn’t fully shut sown before I turned it back on.

I was already looking at Carplay interfaces for it!! I’d far rather buy one of those than pay MB to fix a fault like this on such a relatively new car with so little use.

Thanks again for the thoughts chaps. Appreciate it.

OK, got to the dealer menus (thanks for the info!!!).

Got the same details by the looks of it.
707B7871-13FA-47A7-BAA1-AFAB092CF28D.jpeg
4FF9D3B1-FD51-448E-8E89-3AA206FB268C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom