“Y’alright love?” Well, it made me smile.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
Source BBC News.

A crow has been filmed greeting visitors to Knaresborough by asking “Y’alright love?” in a Yorkshire accent.

The unique conversation took Lisa and Mark Brooks by surprise on a recent trip to the North Yorkshire town's castle.

LINK. Crow with Yorkshire accent caught on film

I had a old aunt many years ago who had a myna bird ,she had never tried to make it talk,but used to hang it out in it's cage in her garden and the lad next door got it to say only one word Bol---ks,the poor women never knew just how the bird learned that naughty word,it was funny no matter what you said to the bird out came that word.

That's brilliant :)

Clever birds are crows. We have a number of large hooded crows that live in the tall trees near home. A couple of them appear every morning and evening near our terrace door for breakfast and dinner. My wife often gives them something to eat which they fly off with and hide in the long grass on a nearby hillside. A few weeks ago we found outside the terrace door a small silver Christmas tree decoration which we assume was a present in return. We've also a had small bones picked clean which we'd prefer they keep :(

Some experts rubbish the idea of crows bringing gifts but it happens and we cannot imagine how else they could have got there.

Friend of mine had a Mynah bird that lived in the farmhouse kitchen, when anyone came in through the back door the bird hollered "Shut the F####ing Door".

Source BBC News.

A crow has been filmed greeting visitors to Knaresborough by asking “Y’alright love?” in a Yorkshire accent.

The unique conversation took Lisa and Mark Brooks by surprise on a recent trip to the North Yorkshire town's castle.

LINK. Crow with Yorkshire accent caught on film

I was about to say they were a bit late reporting that, but noticed the date on the link :)

It really is quite amazing to hear, I had the pleasure of meeting the said crow last year where it lives in Mother Shiptons Cave, along with a couple of others which were originally from the Tower Of London IIRC. A great place to visit.

https://www.mothershipton.co.uk/

I was about to say they were a bit late reporting that, but noticed the date on the link :)

It really is quite amazing to hear, I had the pleasure of meeting the said crow last year where it lives in Mother Shiptons Cave, along with a couple of others which were originally from the Tower Of London IIRC. A great place to visit.

https://www.mothershipton.co.uk/

Old Mother Shipton!
25 or so years ago, I recall watching a Doomsday documentary about her and Nostradamus. It was quite eerie.

Reactions: Abb
Didn't Paul Daniels own Mother Shipton's Cave??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom