★ New video of my C63 taking Soldiers sideways around a race track :D ★

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Monky

Car
C63
Hi all,

I did another charity event last week for the Help for Heroes & Not Forgotten Association, took the soldiers around the Brands Hatch Racing Circuit in England.

Car spent all day going into limp mode but was a great day!

Unfortunately I didn't check my GoPro settings and recorded the whole day in narrow view lol but hopefully still makes a good watch, let me know what you think, rate, subscribe etc
smile.gif

Loads of cooling modifications coming soon
smashfreak.gif
driving.gif

[YOUTUBE]pQNUn3aiReU[/YOUTUBE]

Cheers

T

Last edited:
Guys can someone tell me how to embed on this forum :)

I have tried using the embed code from YouTube, the YouTube video number, all sorts of combinations but does not work.

Edit - Sorted it with a search, maybe it should have instructions that pop up for thickos like me :D

Thanks

Last edited:
Help for Heroes; one of my favourite charities. Good on you.

Looks like it was a fun day - limp mode and getting black flagged not withstanding.

You bad man ;) :D

Nice one, Monky.

Would you be able to post a link for a simple ipad user like me please? All I can see is 'borked' and it doesn't do anything :(

So how does this work, help for heroes get's a bus load of heroes along to brands hatch, and they get to go a few laps in cars of unknown capabilities driver by drivers of unknown capabilities, who just volunteer their daily drives for a day of booting the **** out of them?

Thanks for the link alistairgd. Appreciated. iPads are a pain.

Why the rant though? It seemed fairly well managed/marshalled, nothing bad happened, and I'd have enjoyed it :dk:

Monky - hats off to ya. Plenty understeer though.. (Says me who's biggest tyre marks were to avoid a squirrel last Monday :eek:).

Thanks for the link alistairgd. Appreciated. iPads are a pain.

Why the rant though?

Didn't mean to come across like a rant, genuinely interested in the background to the event.

That looked great fun, loved your video on the TG test track too - both for excellent causes. :thumb:

If its not the engine overheating its fuel!

Makes me want to try out a road course rather than just the drag strip, knowing my luck though I'd total her!

@ giant - thanks, yeah it's a great cause :)

@ phil lol I'm a bit renowned for getting up to a little mischief, in good spirit though. Hell it's hard not to drift a C63 they run 255 tires! :p People love going a little sideways when passengers, and the day was really about the soldiers so anything to make there day that little bit more entertaining :)

@merc - thanks dude Yeah

@ace - again thanks :thumb:

@TDE1 - understeer city :D I was meant to change my tires but just wanted to get another track day out of them, but with my driving style I soon killed them and fought with understeer all day lol, what you get for being a bit tight! :eek: I did lower my tyre pressures right down after the first few laps in the video which helped a little but ultimately just need new tyres. Going to stick some semi slicks on her next time.

@alistaird no this isn't just randoms that turn up they have all done quite a lot of charity events / track days / race meetings etc, and the organiser Richard chooses drivers he thinks will be suitable it's very well organised to be fair. It's mainly super cars and hyper cars, I'm allowed to bring the estate to hopefully shock a few people. Hopefully bringing it down for the Mercedes crew :rock: I also did a charity event last month for the Childrens Trust at Top Gear :)

@ marty - Glad you like it! That killed my car though, I must have 500+ stone chips in my windscreen. Going to need a new windscreen and near on a full respray when I come to sell but plan to modify and keep for quite a few years. The W205 will be turbo but I can't afford one for at least 3 years so will stick with ye old W204 for now and the good ol M156. I may paint and wrap it for the future but will wait and see, have a drift car I'm building which kinda takes priority.

Bit of a monster, before it blew up last year :bannana:

10348691_303920763107945_5240261379341178069_o_zps73b15f41.jpg

You should deffo try out a track day I think you'll love it if you like the videos. Once I learned how to drift it transformed me as a driver as your effectively learning how to take a car beyond it's limits and control it, so then when you come to racing you can drive on the limit and know how to recover if you go passed it, which is easily done! :)

Last edited:
As a serving soldier of 19yrs so far. Thanks very much. :)

I bought this car nearly a year ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom