0.4mm rubber left

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A250 Bennyboy

Car
A Class A250 w176
Hi had my cars B Service done today and all went ok apart from my fronts, both of them will need changing shortly as I've only .4mm of tread depth left:eek:
I'll have to change my lead boots for my fluffy slippers when I drive, only had car 10 months :p

At least it's even wear across the width of the tyres so nowt wrong with my tracking :D
Now that I need renew the fronts was thinking of getting nematic tyres, questions is will it be OK to have run flats on the back along with nematic tyres on the fronts.
Will eventually be nematic tyres all round, that is when the backs need replacing from run flats to normal tyres.
My choice of replacement on the fronts will be Goodyear eagle F1s
Cheers
Ben :thumb:

If you had 0.4mm you would probably be in a ditch right now :)

The measured 2.0 mm less the legal minimum 1.6mm = 0.4 mm

I took it to read 0.4mm left.

I would normally say I had 2mm left in the above case.

We all know the minimum is 1.6mm.

Haha sorry guys for the confusion, I meant I have .4mm left till they are on bottom limit of 1.6mm
Anyway do you think it'll be ok to mix normal and run flats?
With my car being front wheeled drive it readily spins the wheels up, and also me and my heavy foot lol

Haha sorry guys for the confusion, I meant I have .4mm left till they are on bottom limit of 1.6mm
Anyway do you think it'll be ok to mix normal and run flats?
With my car being front wheeled drive it readily spins the wheels up, and also me and my heavy foot lol

I personally wouldn't have a problem running mixed tyres albeit not on the same axle.

I've actually driven a 321BHP RWD car with much less than 1.6mm at the rear in the past (caught out) and it gripped fine.

Got a bit out of sorts in the wet but immense fun although I changed them shortly after.

Last edited:
Agreed. - As long as you've got matching tyres on each axle you can get away with mixing them.

It's not that different from the staggered configuration when you think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom