0-60 times A45 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Luton Town

Car
A45 and loving it.
We all hear about the 0-62 times(is this because of the 0-100km euro spec?)as being 4.2 sec but is there an official 0-60 time?I would imagine it would be 4 secs or possibly even 3.9 ish which is insane!!!Anybody got any figures or tested it on a FL A45?

On one of my cars for example, the official 0-60mph is 3.9 secs whilst the 0-100kph is just 0.1 slower at 4.0 seconds. The A45 is in a similar performance ballpark so I would say it is probably around 0.1 seconds faster on the 0-60mph time. Nothing to back up that statement other than an uninformed guess, but it would sound about right judging by similar performing cars.

Last edited:
TheFoX said:
Use the following formula... 0-60 time = ((0-62 time / 62) * 60);

Unless there's a gear change in there, and each extra mph takes longer to achieve as speed increases, but it'll give you a fair idea

Unless there's a gear change in there, and each extra mph takes longer to achieve as speed increases, but it'll give you a fair idea

Well, you could argue that, but you could also argue that the rate of acceleration over that 2 mph is negligible, or that inertia would still carry you forward if you released your foot off the accelerator at 60 mph.

Even if you factored a 10% discrepancy, it'll still only account for a fraction of a second.

It would be a different story if you wanted to find the 0-30 time from a 0-62 time, as the formula would be wholly inappropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom