0-60 times

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Love this re. the 'Peugeot Expert Tepee L2 HDi 90' - "A McLaren MP4-12C supercar can go from nought to 124mph, brake to zero and get up get back up to 62mph again in less time than it takes the L2 to hit 62mph." :D

I timed my van a while back, 24 seconds. I think it might have had a tail wind.

I am surprised the Vauxhall Cavallier is not in there, we had a 1.7lite non turbo diesel bought new in 1990, 0-60 was 21 seconds truly outstanding acceleration.

A bit like my first car an Austin A40 Cambridge weighed 2240 lbs heavy for those days with a 1200cc engine it was a bit underpowered 0-60 in two weeks :D

I had a Fiat 126 652cc think that was around 30 secs to 60. Didn´t doing much more though.

I am surprised the Vauxhall Cavallier is not in there, we had a 1.7lite non turbo diesel bought new in 1990, 0-60 was 21 seconds truly outstanding acceleration.

My fleet boss back in the early 90's decided to evaluate a Cav Diesel. Nobody would touch it except me. I had a plan.......I did the London to St Albans commute every day for a week. Ragged the thing mercilessly and returned a shocking fuel consumption. Numbers didn't stack up, accountants said "no", job done, reps relieved.

It was really really really slow - dangerously slow. It was forever bouncing off the rev limiter and trying to launch me through the windscreen. Joining fast moving traffic on the M1 was a terrifying experience.

Never mind the racket and the soot it chucked out the back......

I had a Fiat 126 652cc think that was around 30 secs to 60. Didn´t doing much more though.

[montypython]Luxury![/montypython]

I had an earlier 126 with the 600cc engine, IIRC the official top speed was 64 mph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom