0-60?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteveX

Car
CLK 55
Hi Guys,

Out of interest, what would you expect the 0-60 of a healthy W209 CLK55 convertible to be?

Have never pulled a 0-60 in my car, normally just cruise around to be honest but thought today I would have a bash......

Cheers!

Steve

Last edited:
I would take a guess at between 5.5 and 6.0 seconds. I believe the convertable is quite a bit heavier than the coupe so probably nearer 6 seconds.

Around 5 secs?

Thanks, I've read quite a few places around 5 1/2 for the convertible due to the weight I guess, but I've seen so many figures.

Not that 0-60 dash is where it's at but it's about all you can do legally on a 70mph road :)

I was going to book the car in on a power run to see if it was making healthy HP before getting the other modifications bolted on and a proper tune dialed in, but earlier on I decided to use the old fashioned way to see if it was pulling healthily :)

I would take a guess at between 5.5 and 6.0 seconds. I believe the convertable is quite a bit heavier than the coupe so probably nearer 6 seconds.

Yup I was thinking between 5.5 and 6 from what I read but some of the data is confusing.

I have a quick vid I am pulling off of the phone and will time it, although it could have been better, I let off and then went back on as the car was breaking traction so lost time.

I only did one attempt though as to not draw attention and look like a hooligan on the A road! Although, not that there was anyone around.

Thanks I had seen that in the app store the other day, may take a looksie, for now I used the old fashioned method :)

Video is bellow, I just timed it about 10 times with a stop watch from when I launch to 60, and I am getting pretty much every time 5.4.

That's including me having to let off and go back on the accelerator as you will hear due to traction loss.

It was 10 degrees and damp-ish I guess, this makes me believe that it may be possible for the CLK55 convertible to do a sub 5 second 0-60 dash.

Have a play and time it and see what you guys come up with.

I think based on this though it seems to be healthy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jre-vc6RtBQ&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Oh yes, sorry for the instability, I zoomed the phone in and clipped it on my top pocket, it came off when I was braking and I lost it down the side of the seat afterwards, oops!

Won't be doing that again.

My cl55 amg consistently gets 4.9 seconds to 60 on a stopwatch in the dry, mob quoted is 5.6... All it has is secondary cat and resonator deletes and k&ns... Maybe I had a good engine builder!

I just timed it about 10 times with a stop watch from when I launch to 60, and I am getting pretty much every time 5.4.

A stopwatch. How can you possibly time accurately and repeatedly with such a simple timing tool?

You NEED to use a rolling road to gain any kind of performance figures, don't you?

A stopwatch. How can you possibly time accurately and repeatedly with such a simple timing tool?

You NEED to use a rolling road to gain any kind of performance figures, don't you?

Press the button and press it again and take the mean average, with no biased towards starting it later than it should be. I know when I hit the accelerator in the video, and I can see when the needle hits just over 60, so it's not that difficult?

Anyway, it's booked in with Ray @ West Tuning for next Wednesday for a custom tune on the RR :bannana:

... Maybe I had a good engine builder!

Lol not this again!

Good stuff, I've got a feeling the dash is doable in 5 seconds on the CLK, but I am just happy that it seems the car should be pulling healthily. Never actually thought about it :)

I wanted to book it in for a custom tune, but was just interested to see if it was actually pulling well before I did so.

Cheers :)

Do you left foot brake and hold the revs when you launch?

Yup but only ever so slightly, didn't want to kill the torque converter or damage anything.

In the vid I held the left foot on the brake pedal and very gently rested my foot on the accelerator for a split second so it was ready to go, hence the revs creeping from 800-1k a split second before launch.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom