01 climate control face vents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lynall

MB Enthusiast
Car
The silver one.
On the climate control unit if you press the manual flow control button should the arrow pointing at the body light up? as mine doesnt.

Air does come out of face vents on auto depending on temp setting.

I did the self test diagnosis when i first got the car and there was no faults, but have lost paperwork:eek:

First time tried on manual out of curio.

Now of to try and find paperwork.

Lynall

Which CC do you have? The current climatronic one with the two large dials + digital temp display?

Portzy.

Hi Portzy no i think mines the older unit the size of a std radio.

I have ran a fault check 2 faults 1, EB1234 sunlight sensor and 2, EB1416 coolant recirc pump, i think sensor comes up all the time, well used to on my old disco, and no 2 tried the rest pump and i can hear it running under the bonnet fine, so cleared the 2 faults.

No other faults logged any ideas.

Lynall

Done all the tests listed here http://www.eclassbenz.com/node/27 and the results are :-

Your climate control data has been received.
Your sensor values were automatically converted from Celsius to Fahrenheit. All temperatures on this page are given in Fahrenheit and pressure in bar unless otherwise noted.
Your A/C system is working properly. The evaporator temperature is 35.6 degrees.
If your problem is air flow, rather than air temperature, it's likely that your blower regulator went bad.
Code B1234 Explanation: This sensor detects strong sunlight and increases the fan speed slightly to compensate for solar gain. The sensor is located in the middle of the dash near the windshield. This sensor is not critical. Its failure would not interfere with normal A/C function.
Code B1416 Explanation: The coolant circulation pump powers the 'REST' residual engine heat function and may be involved in circulating coolant after the engine shuts off to help with engine cooling.

So the a/c system seems to be fine but not sure on the cc unit.

Lynall

Last edited:
Hi Portzy no i think mines the older unit the size of a std radio.

I have ran a fault check 2 faults 1, EB1234 sunlight sensor and 2, EB1416 coolant recirc pump, i think sensor comes up all the time, well used to on my old disco, and no 2 tried the rest pump and i can hear it running under the bonnet fine, so cleared the 2 faults.

No other faults logged any ideas.

Lynall

I see, sorry, I thought you had one of the current ones, I cant be much help then:eek:.

Portzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom