02 CLK320 suspension creak!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjmurdoch

Car
w209 CLK320
Recently got my first Merc, 52 plate CLK320 avantgarde! Love the car, but driving it around on the snow and ice, not for the sake of it but out of need, and the car now has a faint creak form the passenger side rear suspension!

I wanted to just check with some knowledgeable merc guys if there are any common problems with bushes, struts, etc...

I’m hoping it’s just the salt/grit, dirt etc making a bush creak, but having no prior experience with modern RWD cars just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with a problem like this??

Cheers

Rob

Have a look at the undertrays just in front of the rear wheels...I have a similar problem and found that the undertray was rubbing on the anti-roll bar (actually touching it on one side, but clear on the other). On the suggestion of another member of this fourm, I used a cable tie to secure the tray to the roll bar...this solved the noise for a while until the cable tie gave way....it was a fairly weedy tie I uses, so will use a sturdier one next time I get around to doing something about the noise!

Ok ill have a good look

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom