05 CLK200 exhaust front section blowing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Taipan

Car
2015 e220 A207
Hi All

Noticed the exhaust is blowing slightly on my 2005 CLK200K. Its at the front somewhere but after lifting the bonnet its not the manifold. So I guess that's the front section that will need replacing? Cant see a thing looking at it from under the bonnet or underneath the car? Does the front section include the CAT or are they separate?

Anyone had a front section fitted to one of these by kwikfit or forumla one?How much was it?

Many thanks

Is it definitely blowing? These sound like they are blowing until they warm up... totally normal.

Don't buy an after market exhaust for these is it is blowing. It will be terrible quality in my experience.

I have seen the cats crack. If it is just get it welded.

I do agree with Jay too.

I'm pretty sure it is blowing as its gradually getting louder, or am I just noticing it more? I'll get my Son to burn hold his hand over the end of the exhaust and see if it pressurises whilst I've got my head in the engine bay listening. :)

It sounds like its just where it goes out of view when looking down from the manifold? I guess thats about where the cat is? I'll see if I can get it up on the ramps and have a look and see if there is enough room on the ramps for my Dad to slide under and weld it for me. I'm sure he'll thank me for that! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom