05 CLS55AMG project brutus #2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow love this great work

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The video above shows a job you have completed on brutus. I'm searching a weakness in the rear suspension that my mechanic suspects is the sub frame twisting due to this bush one the left hand side of diff carrier.. It does make sense as the arb is right above it.. Please share guys spent thousands on this car and I'm almost giving up. Ps replaced all arms and shocks and arb and links and sub frame mounts.

Not only does it feel week on this side I can feel a flapping thud at back now and again. Does this diff carrier bush prevent twist in subframe

Hello Everyone, old thread resurrection! so a lot has happened over the last few years redundancy, relocation from England to Scotland and birth of our Son, and of course more car purchases! The CLS has been reasonably well behaved for a while, only requiring a couple of jobs. One of the more interesting ones which I thought I would share for relevance is the front subframe swap out.

Around a year ago, I took the it to get its wheels aligned, and the garage that done this managed to damage one of the front arms, not realising the adjuster bolts shouldnt actually be rotated! Anyway, after inspecting the damage, I noticed a lot of corrosion on the front subframe around the rear mount point. I chose not to weld it, but to source a good replacement and re-furb it.

The job itself would have been much easier with a lift, but I had to do it outside on the drive, luckily all the subframe bolts came out quite easily.

IMG_4597 by chris pollin, on Flickr
IMG_4592 by chris pollin, on Flickr
IMG_4690 by chris pollin, on Flickr

Haven’t seen all the posts in this thread but the car and work done look really stunning hope you enjoying it.

Great work Chris, I long for another well looked after CLS55. I’ve just sold my E63, currently still have my retro BMW 525 and just got a Saab 9-3 sportwagon off my mate‘s auction house for pennies, I‘m now the second owner and it’s superb. Look forward to reading the ad, I may be interested...

Great work on that one ! Chris would you have some more photographs/video of the interior and underbody ? The car looks really good, you got me interested ! :)

Great work on that one ! Chris would you have some more photographs/video of the interior and underbody ? The car looks really good, you got me interested ! :)
Hi there are some interior picks on the forsale add 🙂

Hi Chris, I am interested in your car for sale but unable to contact you due to being a new member. If your able to private message me a phone number and we can discuss.
Thanks
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom