05 s55 amg Battery draining problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Apfinfant

Car
05 s55 amg
Since I been having this problem I had to purchase about three batteries since then first they said it was my alternator so I got that changed still dying then I was told it was a vacuum pump got that changed also car was fine for about 3 days then battery dead again I’ve been doing a little research and from the symptoms listed I believe it’s the rear sam because I recently changed the fuel leveling position sensor and the gauge is still not working but after I changed that it started saying display Defective its says that’s a common thing when the Sam unit is bad the symptoms are taillights not working daytime running lights not working constant battery draining rear sun shade won’t come down and key not working properly.
anyone else having power draining problems

I did have a drain issue turned out to be the alarm unit in the passenger side wheel well? £107 sorted it 👍
Tony.

They often do not bring up a code , just fail and do weird stuff to the car , flashing the indicator lamps all night while you sleep (flattening the battery) re setting or not setting the alarm , unlocking the doors , all sorts of $hit.

Un plug it and go from there.

They often do not bring up a code , just fail and do weird stuff to the car , flashing the indicator lamps all night while you sleep (flattening the battery) re setting or not setting the alarm , unlocking the doors , all sorts of $hit.

Un plug it and go from there.
Do you know where the fuse is located

It is its own entity and has to be unplugged at the sounder unit . It is designed to work even if the thieves have disconnected the battery and pulled fuses. It has its own internal batteries soldered to a PC board - that is actually what goes rotten and causes the problems - It has to be unplugged at the sender unit itself . Usually behind the front left wheel liner . Not sure where it is on your car but it's not too difficult to get to . It's a cheap and quick DIY check to do just to eliminate it . If it is at fault it can just be left unplugged and forgotten about, or a new unit simply bolted in.

A bit like this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It is its own entity and has to be unplugged at the sounder unit . It is designed to work even if the thieves have disconnected the battery and pulled fuses. It has its own internal batteries soldered to a PC board - that is actually what goes rotten and causes the problems - It has to be unplugged at the sender unit itself . Usually behind the front left wheel liner . Not sure where it is on your car but it's not too difficult to get to . It's a cheap and quick DIY check to do just to eliminate it . If it is at fault it can just be left unplugged and forgotten about, or a new unit simply bolted in.

A bit like this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thank you I appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom