05reg vito 115 wont start when hot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bismarck

Car
1969 280s
My 05 reg 115 vito would start first time when cold and run and idle perfect,i could drive it for two hundred miles with out any problems but as soon as i switched it off when the engine was hot it would not start again.The engine would crank fine but it seemed like the timing was off.If i left it for fifteen minutes and turned it over it would start first time and again run perfect.After four mechanics looked at it and told me it was a fuel pump,key,injector and crank shaft sensor problem somebody on internet told me it was a faulty cam shaft sensor.I replaced it today and problem solved.The cam sensor is right on top of the engine under the plastic cover to the right of the injectors,just undo one bolt and twist out.:D

all you needed to say was "wont start when hot" and any mechanic with a bit of experience should have gone to the CPS as the first suspect.

Common problem on all marques.

Sp!ke said:
all you needed to say was "wont start when hot" and any mechanic with a bit of experience should have gone to the CPS as the first suspect. Common problem on all marques.

It was a cam sensor that sorted his van. Not a common issue at all. Neither is the crank sensor on the diesel MB's. They are very very reliable.

Easy to diagnose too. Just check the rpm while cranking looking at the live data when the fault is present.

Thanks guys.When the mechanic put the star system on the van i was standing beside him and the cam shaft error code came up.I asked him was this the problem and he said because engine was not starting it would show up as a error anyway not sure it he read the diagnostic system wrong.:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom