06 CLK 320 CDI £11k?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 6183

Mercedes Benz Worcester have this for sale.

Phoned up with credit card ready and poor receptionist had to explain that it was an error on Autotrader and their website should have been £21k, she sounded mighty fed up with people like me phoning in.

Shame that it's a myth that they would have to sell at that price.

Or is it?:devil:

It's not an offer to sell, it's an Invitation to Treat

(Boots v Pharmaceutical Society, Partridge v Crittenden et al)

You've made an offer to buy, they've declined. No contract.

RH

Well, I heard from a friend whose firm has just disposed of an ex Directors six month old Elegance C204 320cdi for £22k ! That is some drop on a near new car. So the price on the CLK seems mighty high

It's not an offer to sell, it's an Invitation to Treat

(Boots v Pharmaceutical Society, Partridge v Crittenden et al)

You've made an offer to buy, they've declined. No contract.

RH

Partridge and Crittenden: Bramble Finch cocks and hens, if I am not mistaken.

Mercedes Benz Worcester have this for sale.

Phoned up with credit card ready and poor receptionist had to explain that it was an error on Autotrader and their website should have been £21k, she sounded mighty fed up with people like me phoning in.

Shame that it's a myth that they would have to sell at that price.

Or is it?:devil:

Luckily for me the muppets at PC World don't know about this!

My company bought 6 esystem dual core laptops about 4 months ago for training purposes - i think they were about 250 ea.

Kept our eye on their website over the next few months and one morning we saw them being advertised at 99.00 ea!! reserved all 3 that Catford had in stock and 2 x 3 laptops at Croydon (you can only reserve in batches of 3 online) got to Catford and the guy said sorry their was obviously a mistake on the website.. thought it was worth a punt so said well your system accepted the reservation, the guy called the manager and he said let them have them! :D Got to Croydon and the guy just accepted the payment and went out to the back to get the 6 laptops!! :D :D lovely!

Well, I heard from a friend whose firm has just disposed of an ex Directors six month old Elegance C204 320cdi for £22k ! That is some drop on a near new car. So the price on the CLK seems mighty high

Don't think so. Price of CLK 2 years or maybe 2.5 years ago was around £38/40k. If miles are average that's quite a reasonable price.
I figure my 28000 mile 54 plate 270 CDI would still be £18k or so on an MB forecourt.
Your friend's firm might want a new management team?

Last edited:
Don't think so. Price of CLK 2 years or maybe 2.5 years ago was around £38/40k. If miles are average that's quite a reasonable price.
I figure my 28000 mile 54 plate 270 CDI would still be £18k or so on an MB forecourt.

We are talking about a six month old car.

Read your post, you quoted about the directors six month old car.

Not the original post.

47000 miles as against 28000 miles. Also it seems to be just a Brabus performance chip which IMHO devalues the car. If I bought that car I'd have to pay to bring it back to sensible.
Plus, back to the original post, Worcester have the 06 up at £21k. So are you saying that's overpriced as well?
So, I'm imagining I'm looking now for a CLK. I certainly don't go to Perth for the Weir's car, 'cos its chipped and possibly tonked to death; but if the miles are good I might well go to Worcester to look at the 06 car. It's about desirability of that model.

Last edited:
Read your post, you quoted about the directors six month old car.

Not the original post.

Read my post. The quote's about the CLK price drop and the 6 month old car.

47000 miles as against 28000 miles. Also it's a Brabus performance chip which IMHO devalues the car. If I bought that car I'd have to pay to bring it back to sensible.

your car books at £15,340 at a franchised dealer at 40k miles and thats quite generous . You will get nothing extra for it being low miles.

Only thing you will get more for is comand (£3-400) and leather (£200-300) as thats priced with auto already. Everything else is worth jack .

your car books at £15,340 at a franchised dealer at 40k miles and thats quite generous . You will get nothing extra for it being low miles.

Only thing you will get more for is comand (£3-400) and leather (£200-300) as thats priced with auto already. Everything else is worth jack .

So is that the resale value on the forecourt, which is what we're talking about?
If it books at £15340 then the dealer will put it up at 18k or I'm a dutchman. which brings us back to the original post. What's that blessed 06 CLK worth?
Also nothing for low miles? Doesn't matter what I get offered. Go and try to buy on the forecourt and low miles is a real seller.

So is that the resale value on the forecourt, which is what we're talking about?
If it books at £15340 then the dealer will put it up at 18k or I'm a dutchman. which brings us back to the original post. What's that blessed 06 CLK worth?
Also nothing for low miles? Doesn't matter what I get offered. Go and try to buy on the forecourt and low miles is a real seller.

Which part of Holland do you come from....even my car -- newer / better spec & engine would be pushed to reach those prices.....

I don't think that W204 is that cheap, althought it depends a bit on the spec. It might have "only" been £32K list when new.

I bought my C270 in March 05 when it was 5mths old - that, with all its oprions would have listed at £34K and I paid £23.5K from MB Direct.

As a fellow 54plate C270 owner I wish you where right, but I fear your estimate of £18K is quite a few thousand too high. And that's MB forecourt price - in a "distress" sale the offers you would get would be horrible.

I don't think that W204 is that cheap, althought it depends a bit on the spec. It might have "only" been £32K list when new.

I bought my C270 in March 05 when it was 5mths old - that, with all its oprions would have listed at £34K and I paid £23.5K from MB Direct.

As a fellow 54plate C270 owner I wish you where right, but I fear your estimate of £18K is quite a few thousand too high. And that's MB forecourt price - in a "distress" sale the offers you would get would be horrible.
Thanks Rory, it seems I'm due a reality check at the dealers.
Having said that, an MB leaflet has arrived this morning with an 04 CLK 200K , 32,500 miles at 15K. So a 54 plate 270 Diesel with less miles has to be marked at least a grand or two higher.
I might be due for a shock on trade-in though.

With everything it is supply and demand.....in the current market no dealer can afford to have stock depreciating on his lot and will price things to move quickly ..that does mean poor trade ins ..but also means he will seriously listen to deals when buying...

As with all things ..its not the p/x price that is important but the price to change..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom