06 E320cdi (v6) turbo actuator help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marky_g

Hi all

my e320 has the usualy jurky issue thats usualy fixed by replacing the turbo actuator, MAF and swirl flaps

I know there all relatively simple fixes and im in the process of ordering all the parts.

I understand you cant buy new actuators, so refurbishment is the next option, problem is when i google the part number on my act (712120 6nw008412) all listings are for ford mondeos, jaugers and jeeps???

Ive found a few things relating to this act being used on the om642 engine but its not common?

How do i know that this is the correct part for my car??

Also where is the MAF located? Is it just infront of the turbo??

Well today i removed the air filter to turbo pipe so i could remove and clean the MAF sensors with contact cleaner. i found the left had side flexi pipe had a 1" long split and theres a crack in the plastic where the seal meets the turbo. (Although this closes up when the jubilee clip is tightened)

It was pretty oiliy inside but luckly no fresh oil had leaked on to the top of the swirl flap motor, although this dose seem to have alot of old oil around it.

I gave the area a spray with degreaser and agitated it with a stiff brush, ive glued the split pipe with bison superglue and have left everything to dry.

While i was in the area i took the arm off the Actuator to see if it moved freely and it did, the arm however dose seem abit dry/rusty, thinking maybe this should have some moly grease or maybe some copper slip on it?

Will be cleaning the EGR valve tomorrow hopefuly i wont need a new acturator after all this lol

Last edited:
It requires a large amount of care.. its not the easiest to remove as its at the back of the engine on the right hand side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy1eP_RwlNY

Remember: Its been on there for some time and is sealed in with all that carbon.. I had to tap it back & forth to wiggle it free and at one point thought I had broke its casing but got away with it. Its pretty bulky too, so hard to manipulate by hand, once moving get plenty of WD40 into it to free it. Once off I soaked mine in a bath of Carburetor Cleaner and wrapped it in a rag to stop it evaporating, left it over night then used a very fine emery paper cleaned all until spotless including the stem, then soaked it in 3 in 1 oil and inverted it, leaving it sitting for a while before installing. Whilst waiting I cleaned its housing for easier install then reassembled...

Removed the egr and it was supprisingly clean, must have been replaced by the previous owner, everything is back on now.

did how ever notice thar the clip that goes around round the turbo seal is not tightening so ill have to replace that, hopefuly MB have the correct one with holes etc

Last edited:
The Y pipe already has a small crack in it take yours totally broke. Your pipe?

Seen the new online dor £250 woth sensors ams seals

Mine was like pencil lead - it just all broke as it had gone brittle.. I got the 3 new seals for it and managed to source a Y pipe from Germany for £146 all inc..which I thought was a good deal..

Hi. You have probably already found out. athe number you need when getting a replacement actuator is etched into the metal body of the actuator. It will start with a G and then a couple of numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom