07 320 CDi Sport Audio unit

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Andy-D, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Andy-D

Andy-D New Member

Car:
    E320 CDI Sport Brabus
    Can someone advise me on the compatibility of an iphone connection and an ipod connection for an 07 320 CDI Sport Audio unit

Can th iphone connect with bluetooth? does it need an adapter? What are the options?

I've attached a picture and although the quality isn't great I'm sure an expert will know the answer...

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. npuk

npuk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    A180 CDI Avantgarde SE (2008)
    All been covered before if you search the electronics section.

To use the phone the car needs phone pre-wire (UHI). See UHI section: Choosing Bluetooth Cradle for European Mercedes Vehicles

If you have UHI then you need a bluetooth adapthttp://www.comandonline.co.uk/Cradles-and-Bluetooth-Adapters/er or the dedicated iphone cradle that plugs into the UHI connector.

If you dont have phone pre-wire mCar and Fiscon pro are good alternatives: Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Phone System Retrofit Kits

Aux input in the glovebox can be used for Ipod connection. Will let you listen to the ipod but not charge or control it. For full connectivity you need the ipod kit: Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes iPod solutions :: Mercedes iPod kit for E, CLS (W211/W219)

3. OP
    OP
    Andy-D

Andy-D New Member

Car:
    E320 CDI Sport Brabus
    Very clear... thank you

If the car has command sat nav, from what I read on here we need to take a different route?

Could you clarify what would be needed for a comand system? What's different?

Thanks again

4. npuk

npuk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    A180 CDI Avantgarde SE (2008)
    Nothing different all as above.