07 Vito A/C / steering wheel swap /

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
Vito 111C
Hi all

Newbie here. About to acquire a compact !W639 '07 111 and have a few questions..

As far as the interior goes, the air con has packed up. Is this likely to be seals on condenser? An expensive job..?

Also, I thought about adding parking sensors and a W203 (or similar) multi function wheel. would the wheel fit and could I get he buttons working..? (Van currently has stock BOSE CD /radio player plus Parrot Bluetooth plus factory cruise). It's the later electronics so I can't see why he wheel wouldn't work with the existing setup..?

The parking sensors I am presuming can be lifted from a viano or crew cab but would I need the dash-top interior part for them to work - I'm happy with just the audible warnings.

Many thanks for any help...

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some guys on here who have done all sorts of upgrades who will hopefully be along to advise on the wheel etc.

Interesting about the aircon because I've got the same issue with my 07 Vito! There's some faint mechanical noise which stops when you turn the a/c off so I'm guessing it's the compressor on the way out. You could start with a re-gas as that's cheap enough (under £40 if you shop around) and will tell you if the system is holding pressure.

Yep tried that and there's definitely a leak. I'd read that the most common point of failure was seals on the compressor so I'm going to start there, (depending on the feedback received here first!)

Many thanks

Mike

The AC is likeley the condensor as that sits behind the rad and is prone to stone damage. The parking sensors will need the control module to make them work aswell as the displays front and back and sensors. Steering wheel wise, you can just get one from a facelift vito 2011 onwards and retrofit that. Zenman63 is the man to speak to , he knows vitos/vianos like no other i know of .

Welcome to the world of empty wallets and moving into the local MB parts shop .

Nick

I'll have a look at my condenser to see if I can spot anything.

Check your pipework as well as I had a leak on the pipe going into the bulkhead, not too bad a job to do tbh I did mine 18 months ago & I think it supposed to easier than the V6 to do. To make sure get it on Star as that will tell you what id wrong. As far as the steering wheel goes it will need the wiring doing, coding, new spiral(about £70) along with your new wheel..

Chaps thanks a whole heap for excellent responses and info. Will be looking into the ac issue soon. The wheel can wait until i decide about head unit... Cheers!!

Mike

Update on my AC - it is the condenser that's leaking. Apparently it's typically corrosion of the aluminium from road salt etc. rather than impact damage. Quoted approx. £280 to have a new Behr one fitted.

BTB

seems to be the common fail with Vito/v klasse aircon. Reassuring inasmuch as I'm hoping that's what's wrong with mine! What about a used condenser from a scrapper..?

Mike

Not worth the hassle, Unless it came out of a fairly new vehicle with a rear end shunt, its not worth it .
Nick

I'm always a little reluctant to use anything that is mechanical and a major part, especially a condenser as they aren't the easiest thing to swap in the 1st place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom