09 cls 350 cdi charging fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johny

Car
W219 cls 350 cdi
Hi all
I was hoping someone could help with an issue I have with the charging system
I replace the battery a few weeks ago as it was flat in the morning all was ok for a while but then I noticed the head lamps dimmed when the windows were operated and also the headlights flicker on tickover I checked the charging and it can't make 13v but it doesn't drop when the lights are on there are no warning lights on the dash I can't find a wiring diagram any ware
Many thanks johny

Sounds like alternator or slipping belt. You should see 14v + at 2.5k revs. Measure across the battery terminals.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Hi I'm sure it's not the belt have test the battery across the rev range it only rises a little but won't make 13v I don't think it's the altanater as it makes some charge I wondered if there was a battery control/charge unit or relay somewhere
Many thanks johny

Hi I'm sure it's not the belt have test the battery across the rev range it only rises a little but won't make 13v I don't think it's the altanater as it makes some charge I wondered if there was a battery control/charge unit or relay somewhere
Many thanks johny

The regulator pack is usually built into the alternator. I am not sure of your specific model. Somebody else on here would know. But of you cannot get above 13v that suggests that your alternator is not charging the battery.

Thanks any help is much appreciated
Johny

Altanator replaced yesterday still no good I think it must be a relay or control module but which one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom