1. I am a stupid boy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Keen coffee machine purchasers need not travel to Swindon... Unfortunately there are now NO working machines at JL, since all of the one bar one in the shop didn't seem to work either. Luckily the final display model did work and I am now happy fettling said item :D

The fact that I now have

A microwave without a home

and

The necessity for major kitchen surgery

are mere trifles :crazy:

The John Lewis shop at the outlet centre (Swindon) is for all the goods that are "substandard" - so well done for getting one in good condition. I have seen fridges there for sale that have massive dents in them etc etc......

The John Lewis shop at the outlet centre (Swindon) is for all the goods that are "substandard" - so well done for getting one in good condition. I have seen fridges there for sale that have massive dents in them etc etc......

Yep, most of the stuff is alright but with some of the items you really have to wonder... I saw one of the fridges today with several very obvious battle scars on the front. The coffee machines were just discontinued stock.

Well, thanks for the heads up on this.

I did go to the store after phoning them up at 9am this morning and reserving one of the machines.

However upon arrival I could'nt see them on display so I asked one of the assistants and was told that a customer who purchased one yesterday had brought it back as it would not work, so they tested them all and as already discussed found them to be faulty. :(

That was annoying to say the least after travelling 80+ miles how mad was I..........:mad:

Anyway I am a bit of a have a go type so I asked to see one, the sales guy Chris got one out of the box and remarked that it was actually not one they had tested so plugged it in and hey presto....it worked. :D

Anyway after a bit of haggleing I knocked him down to £100. hehehe now I'm happy.......:) :)

Got it home and enjoyed my first 3 cuppas.

Proof for you to enjoy...........

a637d7f5.jpg

If you don't believe the price.....

444b7241.jpg

Thanks again Carrotchomper, it all worked out well in the end.

Mark.

Well, thanks for the heads up on this.
Mark.

Grr! I can't believe you managed to get it down to £100... I managed to get £25 knocked off, purely because I had spent £25 bringing the bloody thing back to exchange :mad: I am too nice.

Still, I'm glad yours has worked out well too... Mine seems ok so far. Apart from major kitchen surgery requirement. :)

I have to say, the staff at JL were brilliant... The first hint of "Computer says no" and my hackles would have been up but they sorted everything out perfectly.

Mark, I'm very happy you benefited from this. I think the "original" price of £300 was already heavily discounted and "we" have achieved a major bargain.

You owe me several pints on the next GTG :devil: ;)

Sam

PS. Receipt copy could be considered to be "Rubbing one's nose in it" ;)

PS. Receipt copy could be considered to be "Rubbing one's nose in it" ;)

Yes I agree I'm sorry..:eek:

I have to say, the staff at JL were brilliant... The first hint of "Computer says no" and my hackles would have been up but they sorted everything out perfectly.

Right on that one too.

You owe me several pints on the next GTG

Oh Ok then if you insist. ;)

At least you have the comfort in helping out a fellow MB Club member spend some more money and there's no better feeling than that eh!

Cheers Mark.

No, they are not 'sub-standard' they are the display items from their stores - obviously the items on show do get damaged but generally work fine. They also sell, as we have discovered, discontinued stock too.

I like Nescafe Gold blend.....£5.00 or so a Jar, and no fitting required...;)

I am NOT into drugs thank you very much. :mad:
;)

Amazing stuff, STRONGLY recomend brewing a cuppa ;) I found a shop in Oxford that sells it in beans, which means I can then grind it to my liking :D

M.

Last edited:
Very belated resurrection of this topic... Haven't been round here much recently :-
Finally decided after 2 house moves (In and out of my flat- Another story!) and 2 years of heavy use that I need something smaller.

Just sold it on eBay for £227. Paid cash :D

Welcome back Carrotchomper. Good to see ya.

Hi Carrotchompeur.

Haven't seen you here for ages :)

Welcome back Sam. Did they let you out for good behaviour? :D

PS. Have you washed your Skoda (Audi ) yet?

Very belated resurrection of this topic... Haven't been round here much recently :-
Finally decided after 2 house moves (In and out of my flat- Another story!) and 2 years of heavy use that I need something smaller.

Just sold it on eBay for £227. Paid cash :D

Splendid. Good buy that, mine is still going strong. :thumb:

Guy's, I have this super 'pressure pumped' machine by Nespresso, and the coffee capsules give a really super aroma and expresso, just as fresh as ground beans, and a fraction of the price of the one you mentioned, and it's portable:

Nespresso - Coffee machines, coffee maker solutions for the best espresso, cappuccino and latte

you can either make an expresso, or a lovely long coffee or cappacino...there's no water dispersal limit either!

I've had mine for a few years now, wholly reliable, and boy it's good, and I'm fussy about taste! ;)

Anyone else got one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom