1. I am a stupid boy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Guy's, I have this super 'pressure pumped' machine by Nespresso, and the coffee capsules give a really super aroma and expresso, just as fresh as ground beans, and a fraction of the price of the one you mentioned, and it's portable:

Nespresso - Coffee machines, coffee maker solutions for the best espresso, cappuccino and latte

you can either make an expresso, or a lovely long coffee or cappacino...there's no water dispersal limit either!

I've had mine for a few years now, wholly reliable, and boy it's good, and I'm fussy about taste! ;)

Anyone else got one?

I don't own one, but I had use of one of these machines in my hotel at christmas. Not bad, temperature wasn't as hot as I would have liked, but the taste was pretty good.

I've always been fairly wary of getting a machine like this as you are completely reliant on the pods always being made - whereas you can't really go wrong with coffee grounds :)

it's just a different league and taste...if you've ever tasted those supermarket pods like tasimo's etc, they're horrid...Nespresso capsules are unique and as fresh as you'll get from ground coffee beans! Nespresso also have new ranges every year, and are quality controlled...deliveries are cheap and reliable...mine come next day after ordering! Also, Expresso coffee shouldn't be piping hot!! ;) Another tip to keep coffee warm is to firstly heat the milk up!

BTW, I'm not a Agent! :)

Nespresso: Good coffee, but as already said - it comes out too cold. The machines don't have proper boilers IIRC, and the restrictions on where you can buy the capsules from, variety and price are a bit of a shame.

Great for occasional use though as the coffee stays fresher and ideal for compact environments - offices, hotels etc.

IMHO :)

Will

I've got a Nespresso machine, and it don't come out too cold, just right; but each to their own! As said before, heat your milk up as you should anyway, and it retains the warmth, and coffee of this quality 'ain't supposed to be hot as it kills the flavour of the bean! ;)

I too have the Siemens a Surpresso S40 - brilliant - bought it from a new kitchen outlet in Cirencester for less than half price as it was their introductory offer on their opening....

SEcret for good froth is keep everything CLEAN and then CLEAN it again.....not had as many cups as MW_C32 on 2968 todate..

Now your fun is choosing the beans -- have played with many and keep coming back to Lavazza expresso - finding the Italians roast their coffee to my taste..

have fun
sounds like very few pay full price for these things

Whats an expresso ?

I have a Nespresso, perfectly good and some blends work well.

However, I have switched to a Jura Z7 bean to cup and the coffee is superb, currently working my way through the Algerian Coffee Stores beans. I love playing around with my own blends, something Nespresso can not do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom