1. I am a stupid boy.

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by Carrotchomper, Jan 8, 2009.

1. seymansey

seymansey Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2006 CLK 320cdi Avantgarde
    I don't own one, but I had use of one of these machines in my hotel at christmas. Not bad, temperature wasn't as hot as I would have liked, but the taste was pretty good.

I've always been fairly wary of getting a machine like this as you are completely reliant on the pods always being made - whereas you can't really go wrong with coffee grounds :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Reedswood

Reedswood Active Member

Car:
    Honda Stepwagon and Honda Accord Tourer
    it's just a different league and taste...if you've ever tasted those supermarket pods like tasimo's etc, they're horrid...Nespresso capsules are unique and as fresh as you'll get from ground coffee beans! Nespresso also have new ranges every year, and are quality controlled...deliveries are cheap and reliable...mine come next day after ordering! Also, Expresso coffee shouldn't be piping hot!! ;) Another tip to keep coffee warm is to firstly heat the milk up!

BTW, I'm not a Agent! :)

3. Will

Will MB Club Veteran

Car:
    GL63 AMG / S211 E55K AMG / 190E 2.3-16 / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
    Nespresso: Good coffee, but as already said - it comes out too cold. The machines don't have proper boilers IIRC, and the restrictions on where you can buy the capsules from, variety and price are a bit of a shame.

Great for occasional use though as the coffee stays fresher and ideal for compact environments - offices, hotels etc.

IMHO :)

Will

4. Reedswood

Reedswood Active Member

Car:
    Honda Stepwagon and Honda Accord Tourer
    I've got a Nespresso machine, and it don't come out too cold, just right; but each to their own! As said before, heat your milk up as you should anyway, and it retains the warmth, and coffee of this quality 'ain't supposed to be hot as it kills the flavour of the bean! ;)

5. stevieb15

stevieb15 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    98 sl 500, 90 w126 500se, 03 CLK 320 Convertible, 90 W124 CE300
    sounds like very few pay full price for these things

6. Howard

Howard MB Club Veteran

Car:
    CLS 500 / A 150
    Whats an expresso ?

7. Charles Morgan

Charles Morgan MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
    I have a Nespresso, perfectly good and some blends work well.

However, I have switched to a Jura Z7 bean to cup and the coffee is superb, currently working my way through the Algerian Coffee Stores beans. I love playing around with my own blends, something Nespresso can not do.

Tags: