1 week in!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

focusrs2006

Car
W447 Vito 119 Sport
Hi all,

1 week into ownership of my new to me 2015 E63, absolutely loving the car! Don't think I've ever had a car that I've driven around with the windows down this much before, just to hear that exhaust note, from 1.5k/2k revs, it sounds fantastic, and with the bonus of the turbos spooling up as well. Robin has certainly done a good job!

The colour is Magno Allanite Grey, which doesn't seem to be in bad condition for a 51k mile car, I gave it a clean with Dr Beasley's matte car shampo, and a matte car wax. It seems to look less matte than I thought it would, I like the look a lot more than I thought I would. The rear bumper seems to have had a re spray at some point, which I noticed today when it was cleaned, must be quite a tricky colour to match perfectly properly.

Here are some photos :) I've had a go at cleaning the Alacantara on the steering wheel, which looked a bit flat, I was quite pleased with the results in the photo! Before and after.

Last edited:
nice car. now youre going to spend time in the detailing section and keep it looking as mint as all ours. The exhaust sound is rather addictive, and with all the nice weather we are about to have, you can keep the windows down and enjoy it all the more!

nice car. now youre going to spend time in the detailing section and keep it looking as mint as all ours. The exhaust sound is rather addictive, and with all the nice weather we are about to have, you can keep the windows down and enjoy it all the more!
Very much looking forward to the better weather! This week has been terrible with all the rain. I probably will end up being in there! Paranoid about scratching the car as marks can't be buffed out apparently.

You could always have it ceramic coated, or maybe put a clear protective film on the lower half. Just a thought!

You could always have it ceramic coated, or maybe put a clear protective film on the lower half. Just a thought!
I may well do that I think, be nice to have the peace of mind. I'll need to get the rear bumper looked at too, who ever did the paint has done a good job with the colour match, but it doest seem to have the satin shine of the factory paint.

Who's Robin?

I see that you have used a couple of Dr Beasley's products. I've just received a bottle of their matte wheel sealant. I haven't had chance to try it yet. Have you used their products much?

I see that you have used a couple of Dr Beasley's products. I've just received a bottle of their matte wheel sealant. I haven't had chance to try it yet. Have you used their products much?
I purchased their matte shampoo so far, seemed to work well, this is the first matte car I've had, so is taking a bit of getting used to.
I've bought some of this as well
Luminosity Matte Wax - Angelwax Car Care seems to leave a nice finish.

Wheel looks great - what did you use to clean it with?

Lovely looking example....what did you use to revitalize the steering wheel as it looks so much better...

Thanks both, to be honest, It was just a microfiber cloth, with some warm water, and baby wipes. I was going to buy some Alacantara cleaner, but was pleased with the results with just the cloth and wipes.

So when is the remap?;):D
It will turn what is already a very quick car into a missile.
The exhaust note can be improved too:devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom