10.25 screen.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sheffield Col

Car
Mercedes 2014, C Class 220 Diesel Automatic Blutec W205
Any one on here had a go at this ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

hope the link works.

Any one on here had a go at this ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

hope the link works.
A lot of talk about them on another mb forum. People love them

Sent from my H8116 using Tapatalk

I have just fitted this to a friend's W212. It is plug and play and works well. The only problem I had was that the car originally had Audio 20 and was previously retrofitted with NTG 4.5 which added a quadlock connector. This screen then adds another quadlock connector and fitting all the wiring back into the limited space was a nightmare. Should be easier with a factory NTG system. All the functions work well, the OEM display can be selected and the joystick and steering controls both work. The only thing he needs to do is switch between the factory head unit (CD/SD card) and select Aux to get sound from the screen through the speakers. Easily overcome as he can either BT music over or put an SD card in the unit itself and not use the factory headunit. He can then use the system's BT for phone too, rather than the MB unit.

Interesting. So this is a screen with an HU - where does the HU sit? Inside the screen?

I got one:) And i just love it.
It opens up a new world
10,25 Android

Remark: the screen showed on the video has the old software

Have had one for best part of a year now.

It is essentially an Android tablet so you get all the features of Android. The old comand interface is still usable within the system, so you lose none of the Mercedes side, although only use the radio part.

Different models work better than others. Some are having real issues with sound in some C class cars as they don't have Aux and need to be connected via bluetooth which is giving lag between video and sound.

I have just fitted this to a friend's W212. It is plug and play and works well. The only problem I had was that the car originally had Audio 20 and was previously retrofitted with NTG 4.5 which added a quadlock connector. This screen then adds another quadlock connector and fitting all the wiring back into the limited space was a nightmare. Should be easier with a factory NTG system. All the functions work well, the OEM display can be selected and the joystick and steering controls both work. The only thing he needs to do is switch between the factory head unit (CD/SD card) and select Aux to get sound from the screen through the speakers. Easily overcome as he can either BT music over or put an SD card in the unit itself and not use the factory headunit. He can then use the system's BT for phone too, rather than the MB unit.

You shouldn't need to manually select AUX if you have set it up correctly. It will do that for you, just takes about 3-4 seconds to do it.

I thought that too and I haven't looked into why it's not doing it. It may be due to the extra wiring not being correct, the aux port (possibly) not working or just my impatience.

Interesting. So this is a screen with an HU - where does the HU sit? Inside the screen?

The original screen is removed and this mounts to the front, a bit like the newer MB's

krando-android-8-1-10-25-039-car-dvd-radio.jpg

I thought that too and I haven't looked into why it's not doing it. It may be due to the extra wiring not being correct, the aux port (possibly) not working or just my impatience.

You have to set it up in the Android unit settings. Basically you tell it how many tabs across is the CD and then how many down in the audio list is AUX and basically the system just does this automatically.

Thank you Stu, I'll have a look next tie he is down

So here in the UK we'll need to get a RHD bezel/bracket?

Depending on the car yes. But usually you buy it all as a model specific kit from the supplier.
Thanks.

The W204 and W212 will require a RHD-specific kit then.

Thanks.

The W204 and W212 will require a RHD-specific kit then.

W212 yes, not owned a W204 but if the existing screen surround is RHD/LHD dependent then also yes.

A lot of the price difference is on the spec of the device. Cheapest are 1G/16Gb, then you have the 2G/32Gb (should be the minimum spec you buy) and the most expensive are the 4G/32Gb.

I help support owners of these on another forum, so if anyone needs advice / help then ask away.

I have a 2014. W205. C Class Diesel Bluetec, with Audio 20. If I buy one will it be plug and play, or will it need alterations.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom